• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 12 brightness slider

Hi, I've just had an update and now the brightness slider doesn't slide, it's works fine as it should but it's fully blue and doesn't show its position?

TIA

It should still show the position with Android 12.

Maybe a bug or software problem with your particular phone, tablet, or laptop? Have you tried restarting the device?

Upvote 0
Hi thanks for replying,I've restarted and nothing changed
I've uploaded x2 screen shots one with almost max brightness and one lowest as you can see the bare looks the same.

I does occur to me that it could be a theme issue but I'm doubtful of that.

I'm not a big fan of the 12 tbh it just looks like they've messed with icon design, over simplified things like the a-z on the right in contacts has now gone, the camera zoom options have changed etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220215-202206_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220215-202206_Chrome.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20220215-202152_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220215-202152_Chrome.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
Hi thanks for replying,I've restarted and nothing changed
I've uploaded x2 screen shots one with almost max brightness and one lowest as you can see the bare looks the same.

I does occur to me that it could be a theme issue but I'm doubtful of that.
Which phone is this? I have 12 on an s21 and the brightness slider works normally (and always has). However, although your icon set looks very much like mine (so much so that I suspect the phone might be a Samsung) my default slider colours are light grey on a dark grey background, not a blue that matches the control buttons, so there's something different. It might be worth checking the "colour palette" option in "wallpapers and style" (assuming you do have a Samsung, since other manufacturers will have a different menu structure), since that can change the colour of the brightness slider.
I'm not a big fan of the 12 tbh it just looks like they've messed with icon design, over simplified things like the a-z on the right in contacts has now gone, the camera zoom options have changed etc.
I expect that the contacts and camera changes are choices by the manufacturer rather than android 12 itself, as those are apps that manufacturers commonly make their own versions of.

I do find it weird that the Samsung contacts app in A12 has a line of dots that let you jump to different points in the contacts list but doesn't show what letters they correspond to! That is not good user interface design.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones