• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3 & 4.0 WiFi Internet HD 1080P HDMI Google TV Box ARM Cortex A9 Firmware

Hi Stane,

great job on the modified firmware. i have a c03ref device. i'm loving it except for the few known quirks already mentioned above! waiting for the next update.

can i just ask if you're going to release a firmware with usb audio anytime soon? because of the lack of speaker out on my device, and i want to run the device headless, usb audio is the only solution i can think of.

Hi and thanx.

USB Audio issue is solved and of course, it will be included in next release. I did not forget about you guys, but these days I wasn't feeling very well and I also have ongoing work to do, so things are bit slowed down.... but don't worry, it will be soon. Very soon I hope. Same goes for f16ref.

Regards

Reactions: migues
Upvote 0
lets play to V.play from Russia.(bad english)

1. device android-full-hd-1080p-media-player-w-usb-sd-hdmi-rj45-ports-black-sku-102992 its similar to ATV-108 (c03ref) arrived 21/07/2012

102992-c12fbccb-df5e-4bb8-b6fa-98d4253ebc63.jpg

model same as pic but xxxxxxxHDMI_v3 andro 2.3.4 in box

device ckeck

MBX DVBT reference board (c03ref)
Board: MBX
Name: c03ref
Device: c03ref
Board: c03ref

2. first i make RECOVERY SD with sdtool/ SD=2 Gb no HC full size
a. 1lol after "make sd" is FS = RAW not FAT!!!
files still copied to sd(in root 7 files from 4.0.4 6/21 c03ref zip).
b. push reset-power-wait to glich on screen-reset off- see andro witch spinnig cube- moving progress bar 100%- !!!!
recovery log error Ent MAC no efuse.
restart
flash again same error.
flash again same error.

OK change route

new SD 4 GB microSDHC +SD adaptor

no SDTOOL! FS= FAT32
in root 7 files from 4.0.4 6/21 c03ref zip).
b. push reset-power-wait to glich on screen-reset off- see andro witch spinnig cube- moving progress bar 100%- !!!!
recovery log error Ent MAC no efuse.
restart
flash again same error.
flash again same error.
in recovery select "apply update" use new_patch.zip
..... update no errors/

restart ALL WORK !!!

MAC no view is here or not? enh connection work 100% DHCP&Static.

check all SD u have anyone may work!

3. need use of etc/remote.conf instead of kernel to use RF (i have old r.c from2.3.4)
change to old witch no effect (on\off only)/
sku_102992_1.jpg

TIME SYNC in andro 5 min after boot.(first check eventually failed)

in my case timesync in 27 sec after launcher starts not 5 mins.

Stane tell me price for beer u drink :0

Great JOB!

1.[COLOR="White"] at 4.0.4 cpu at 750 all time (SystemPanel_1.1.1.apk) in 2.3.4 jumps 200-750/
CPU master show 300-750 (widget show always 750). i use 80mm cooler instead of a top cover :)
temp sensor show 0(C) degree :(
[/COLOR]
2. 1080p work until reboot, after that all screen zoomed upper left quarter of screen.

3. i update Superuser from market & install latest BusyBox all fine no bugs/

4. overall boot time 2x longer than 2.3.4

5. if u need some logs\dumps\screens just ask!

it's a DVR VOD By URAKU you need that fw

Upvote 0
for more I try and I try not to relive my visson atv-808 rev2
these are the steps that follow

firmware used
latest 2.3 firmware.rar
20120625_Android_ICS-ATV-108-404 f16ref.zip
20120611_Android_ICS-ATV-108-137 f16ref.zip

SDtool tutorial according to procedures - all in Windows XP

1 1GB SD card reader mount SD
2 run SDtool_v1.4_EN.exe
3 search bin firmware u-boot-aml-ucl.bin - select unit SD card and click MAKE SDcard
4 copy firmware files in the root SD or copy files within the folder UpdateKit firmware "which is not valid"
5 remove SD
6 off tv box, insert SD, hold RESET button and plug feeding
7 supposed to wait 10 seconds and starts, but nothing at all on my tv box, LED red and blue are pinned

I'M DOING WRONG????? please help!

sorry for my English, I use a translator, if someone types Spanish here please help me!

Upvote 0
Hi,

I've a Media Box MBX DVBT c03ref Android 4.0.3 but I can't get BBC iPlayer to play even though it does on a tablet that I have, is this due to the flash problems described above?

Any thoughts on how I can resolve? It gets to the point where the video is going to play then black screen and then crashes.

Thanks

Andy.

Upvote 0
cant understand your post.:thinking:

i write to confirm stable working that FW on my box and and describe it.

its cheap NONAME androbox from CHINA with HW similar to ATV-108 c03. ;)

"DVR VOD By URAKU" sounds nothing to me.

The site he is referring to is here: FD Digital | Support

Your unit is similar to a T1 - they have fw for 2.3 and 4. I used them both myself and they both work well. No problems at all.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
for more I try and I try not to relive my visson atv-808 rev2
these are the steps that follow

firmware used
latest 2.3 firmware.rar
20120625_Android_ICS-ATV-108-404 f16ref.zip
20120611_Android_ICS-ATV-108-137 f16ref.zip

SDtool tutorial according to procedures - all in Windows XP

1 1GB SD card reader mount SD
2 run SDtool_v1.4_EN.exe
3 search bin firmware u-boot-aml-ucl.bin - select unit SD card and click MAKE SDcard
4 copy firmware files in the root SD or copy files within the folder UpdateKit firmware "which is not valid"
5 remove SD
6 off tv box, insert SD, hold RESET button and plug feeding
7 supposed to wait 10 seconds and starts, but nothing at all on my tv box, LED red and blue are pinned

I'M DOING WRONG????? please help!

sorry for my English, I use a translator, if someone types Spanish here please help me!

Visson's f16ref have little different procedure for recovery.

If you're sure it's Visson's box you can try following (DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)
- unplug box from power source and open box
- make recovery SD card for f16ref and insert SD in box
- locate SPI chip (it's on core pcb - you have images in one of previous posts from Stane)
- prepare paperclip or something - short circuit pin 5 and 6 on SPI (pin5 is on opposite side of pin1 >> if pin1 is up-left => pin5 is up-right)
- press and hold reset button and plug device to power source
- wait to boot - and immediately after device boot - remove paperclip (or whatever you used to short circuit pin 5 and pin 6 on SPI chip)

Good luck ;)

ONCE AGAIN: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK - I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR BOX !!

Upvote 0
24 hours!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:p

Thank you Stane!

Amlogic released new sources... Still downloading it (poor speed, 200 Kb/s), have to include all my stuff... Building each fw takes aprox 1.5 hours, can't do it faster, sorry :)

Edit: Meanwhile I have to take some rest, it's 10:25pm in Croatia right now :)

Upvote 0
Amlogic released new sources... Still downloading it (poor speed, 200 Kb/s), have to include all my stuff... Building each fw takes aprox 1.5 hours, can't do it faster, sorry :)

Edit: Meanwhile I have to take some rest, it's 10:25pm in Croatia right now :)

hahahahhah yeah! is only a joke!

You're doing an amazing job with this firmware. Thank you very much.

Perhaps onomatopoeia was not correct, "aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh" = screaming (anxiety).

Have a good sleep. It's 17:48pm in Argentina right now :)

Bye.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

new firmwares for c03ref and f16ref will be released within next 24 hours... stay tuned... there will be surprises :)

What to expect:

From source tree I saw that kernel is still 2.6.34, Android version is 4.0.4. For f16ref users I saw some improvements regarding wifi. I hope that (many) bugs are fixed by Amlogic now :)

For c03ref users I don't know what to expect because basically these sources are for M3 based devices, not M1. We will see how it will go.

Now I'm making first build which always takes 3-4 hours without any changes to code. That build is targeting f16ref devices. When I install it on my device I'll write my impressions here. After that I will implement all my code and work into that source tree and make a build for c03ref and f16ref. Also will post here when new firmwares will be available for download...

Upvote 0
What to expect:

From source tree I saw that kernel is still 2.6.34, Android version is 4.0.4. For f16ref users I saw some improvements regarding wifi. I hope that (many) bugs are fixed by Amlogic now :)

For c03ref users I don't know what to expect because basically these sources are for M3 based devices, not M1. We will see how it will go.

Now I'm making first build which always takes 3-4 hours without any changes to code. That build is targeting f16ref devices. When I install it on my device I'll write my impressions here. After that I will implement all my code and work into that source tree and make a build for c03ref and f16ref. Also will post here when new firmwares will be available for download...

Default f16ref build without any kind of modifications from my side:

- performs much faster
- wifi is stable, connects almost in a second, sees more networks than before
- 1080p OSD bug is fixed
- I'm not satisfied with antutu benchmark, gives me only 2100 (because of GPU), will see what will be with my changes

Now give me some time to implement my code and I'll publish it to my download page... after that c03ref users will have same thing :)

Upvote 0
The site he is referring to is here: FD Digital | Support

Your unit is similar to a T1 - they have fw for 2.3 and 4. I used them both myself and they both work well. No problems at all.

Hope this helps.

i love stane`s FW. stane FOREWER.

I SAY TO YOU SECOND TIME @ mybox i use stane FW and in work perfect. i don't need another.

to Stane. don't forget unlock remote.conf for c03ref

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones