• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3 & 4.0 WiFi Internet HD 1080P HDMI Google TV Box ARM Cortex A9 Firmware

Hello to all forum.
Someone can tell me if these work with any firm that are tv box Google Android 4.0 1GHz ARM Cortex A9 WiFi Internet TV HD 1080P HDMI Black Box Latest Version (c03ref), my tv box is m6.

V-Play download section

DeviceChecker.apk

post output here.

m6 new HW? (m3&mx)

don't rush with flashing. find way to backup your FW and instruction to recover boot for your box.

back up etc\remote.conf for further recovery remote funcionality

Upvote 0
V-Play download section

DeviceChecker.apk

post output here.

m6 new HW? (m3&mx)

don't rush with flashing. find way to backup your FW and instruction to recover boot for your box.

back up etc\remote.conf for further recovery remote funcionality

My Device Checker:

Model: MBX DVBT reference board (c03ref)
Brand: MBX
Name: c03ref
Device: c03ref
Board: c03ref

supports this firmware?

V-Play download section

android 4.0.3
kernel 2.6.34
ics.mbx.20120411
Thanks for the help

Upvote 0
My Device Checker:

Model: MBX DVBT reference board (c03ref)
Brand: MBX
Name: c03ref
Device: c03ref
Board: c03ref

supports this firmware?

V-Play download section

android 4.0.3
kernel 2.6.34
ics.mbx.20120411
Thanks for the help

u already have andro 4.0 change .3 to .4 no sence for me.

u have some bugs in your FW which be fixed after apply stanes FW?

this FW native ONLY FOR Visson ATV-108

luckily it work on same different box.

for your new HW CPU 1.4 GHz instead of 750 MHz its 50%\50% dead\alive

do all at your own risk.

u may corrupt recovery partition = brickbox
in all other cases simply re roll back to your native FW

Upvote 0
Quick question, im trying to downgrade from 4.0.4 to 2.3 but having trouble.
Is the 2.3 posted on here for (f16ref)?

4.0 Board is ATV-108 There is a Rev1 (c03ref) & Rev2 (f16ref)

1st post of theme for 108 initial FW 4.0.3

Android 2.3 - Google Android 2.3 ARM Cortex A9 1GHz WiFi HD 1080P HDMI Internet TV Box Black (Tested on ATV-108 device.) Flash to 4.0 and then flash to 2.3. You will see failed to write ethernet mac address which is completely fine. Just reboot the device and it should be working. (Not sure if this is the latest
latest 2.3 firmware.rar

after flashing 2.3.4 wipe data/cache !!

Upvote 0
Quick question, im trying to downgrade from 4.0.4 to 2.3 but having trouble.
Is the 2.3 posted on here for (f16ref)?

There is no 2.3 fw for f16ref and never will be (officially). I do have sources for 2.3.4, but never played with it for f16ref (lot of work). f16ref is M3 platform and it was not intended to run 2.3 Android.

About my update, almost everything is finished, I found serious bug in kernel which caused Browser to crash immediate after starting. Problem was solved (I hope) in today's early hours, I was outside all day, now back home and going to test my last build. If all goes well, fw will be online very soon.

Regards

UPDATE: Sorry to all of you, but I can't continue on this one for next 8-10 hours... it's 4am here, I have to take some rest... And yeah, I'm starting to hate Amlogic's sources :)

Upvote 0
NOTE: This is BETA version, means some parts of system (as far as I know only stock Browser) will not work

Changelog:
- google apps updated (system stuff, servicesframework etc...)
- youtube is installed by default to userspace area (version 4.0.8)
- more languages in LatinIME
- Chinese and Japanese input methods (as requested)
- Bluetooth
- 1080 resolution fixed, no more flickering and OSD is positioned right
- some other stuff I forgot to mention

As this is beta firmware it's not on official download page (which you can visit by the way, I'm pretty thirsty these days... :)).

Firmware can be downloaded from here. If you have any suggestions, comments or anything else, write...

As I said, stock Browser will not work, if you start it it will crash and Android system will be restarted. It's amlogic bug which I still didn't fix. As an alternative, you can download from Play Store FireFox for example, he works just fine and also supports Flash (which is also included in firmware).

Regards

Upvote 0
NOTE: This is BETA version, means some parts of system (as far as I know only stock Browser) will not work

Changelog:
- google apps updated (system stuff, servicesframework etc...)
- youtube is installed by default to userspace area (version 4.0.8)
- more languages in LatinIME
- Chinese and Japanese input methods (as requested)
- Bluetooth
- 1080 resolution fixed, no more flickering and OSD is positioned right
- some other stuff I forgot to mention

As this is beta firmware it's not on official download page (which you can visit by the way, I'm pretty thirsty these days... :)).

Firmware can be downloaded from here. If you have any suggestions, comments or anything else, write...

As I said, stock Browser will not work, if you start it it will crash and Android system will be restarted. It's amlogic bug which I still didn't fix. As an alternative, you can download from Play Store FireFox for example, he works just fine and also supports Flash (which is also included in firmware).

Regards

Remote.conf unleashed?

Upvote 0
Remote.conf unleashed?

Please read, this is fw for f16ref board (m3), not m1. On this firmware remote.conf works as it should. I started my work on f16ref first because sources are for that platform and it's easier to discover and remove bugs than on platform which is not officially supported (and that is c03ref - m1 board).

Upvote 0

post from page 16 describe my device completely

and device(s) next to my avatar.

at current moment last ver of DropBox stops "CameraUpload" >> Low Battery

That's c03ref platform. Please wait a little more, I'm on f16ref right now debugging code... when that fw comes out of beta it will mean it will be ready for c03ref also (same sources, but sources are originally for M3 platform, so everything is easier to debug on platform for which sources are made for).

Reactions: eraldoluis
Upvote 0
That's c03ref platform. Please wait a little more, I'm on f16ref right now debugging code... when that fw comes out of beta it will mean it will be ready for c03ref also (same sources, but sources are originally for M3 platform, so everything is easier to debug on platform for which sources are made for).

stane1983 I tried a couple of your f16ref firmwares and all work well except every couple of minutes the keyboard freezes. I have to pull the USB dongle out to get it to go again. A few minutes later it will freeze again. Tried a few keyboards and all the same. Did not do this with the original firmware.

Any ideas on why it might do this?

Upvote 0
stane1983 I tried a couple of your f16ref firmwares and all work well except every couple of minutes the keyboard freezes. I have to pull the USB dongle out to get it to go again. A few minutes later it will freeze again. Tried a few keyboards and all the same. Did not do this with the original firmware.

We are using
this air fly mouse qwerty keyboard + mouse and never experienced that problem. Can you tell me more info about your keyboard?

EDIT: Are you maybe using logitech keyboard with unified receiver? That's not very well supported in Amlogic's linux kernel and needs additional work to be done which I didn't do in my kernel version.

Upvote 0

post from page 16 describe my device completely

and device(s) next to my avatar.

at current moment last ver of DropBox stops "CameraUpload" >> Low Battery

Stane's firmware is for Visson's products.. your box isn't from Visson, and there is no guarantee that frimware from V-play download section will work properly on your device..
Use it at your own risk...

Upvote 0
No one reported anything for beta f16ref firmware.... Come on guys, I need some feedback... About Browser issue, I'm in contact with Amlogic to solve this... So far we know that problem lies on android framework itself, one of methods they didn't implement in their code and that's why Browser app crashes (it could be that some other apps are crashing, but still haven't managed to reproduce it except in Browser).

Upvote 0

This happened to my too, with 2 different keyboards, even with the original remote.
Also, when i press the off button on the remote, it goes to sleep and it doesn't wake up when i press any key, need to pull off the power to restart.
The wireless N, is now detecting, connecting, but is not getting an ip... Tried with in G mode and its OK.
That's all that i noticed...

Upvote 0
This happened to my too, with 2 different keyboards, even with the original remote.
Also, when i press the off button on the remote, it goes to sleep and it doesn't wake up when i press any key, need to pull off the power to restart.
The wireless N, is now detecting, connecting, but is not getting an ip... Tried with in G mode and its OK.
That's all that i noticed...

Need to investigate this problem. Need to get more usb keyboards :) I mean, I'm working on laptop and machine where android is building doesn't have peripheral devices at all :)

Anyway, will try to fix this.

Upvote 0
We are using
this air fly mouse qwerty keyboard + mouse and never experienced that problem. Can you tell me more info about your keyboard?

EDIT: Are you maybe using logitech keyboard with unified receiver? That's not very well supported in Amlogic's linux kernel and needs additional work to be done which I didn't do in my kernel version.

The keyboards I use are:
Rii mini i8
Rii mini i8 --Product--Rii,Rii mini,Riitek,wireless keyboard,mini keyboard,handleld keyboard,bluetooth keyboard,touchpad

SMK-Link Wireless Ultra-Mini Touchpad Keyboard
VP6364 - Wireless Ultra-Mini Touchpad Keyboard

Also in the beta the wireless worked but there was no Ethernet device.
The Ethernet worked in the 20120625 rev.

The board is a f16ref VISSON MBX V2 with Cortex A9 1.2GHz

Upvote 0
Just spent the better part of a day reading this whole thread. Thanks to the tips about the 1GB SD card and the hidden reset button at the bottom of the audio socket.

@stane1983, you seem to be doing amazing work, tireless.

I have a f16ref device (checked with DeviceChecker.apk) from dx.com:
"Google Android 4.0 HDMI TV Box w/ 4GB / WiFi / RJ45 / AV-Out / SD / MMC / USB / Remote Control"
Link to www dx com sku 128319 (removed because of forum rules).

I would very much like to be able to do CIFS or NFS mounts of other storage on my LAN.
Has anyone tried stane1983's firmware with this device?

Upvote 0
Just spent the better part of a day reading this whole thread. Thanks to the tips about the 1GB SD card and the hidden reset button at the bottom of the audio socket.

@stane1983, you seem to be doing amazing work, tireless.

I have a f16ref device (checked with DeviceChecker.apk) from dx.com:
"Google Android 4.0 HDMI TV Box w/ 4GB / WiFi / RJ45 / AV-Out / SD / MMC / USB / Remote Control"
Link to www dx com sku 128319 (removed because of forum rules).

I would very much like to be able to do CIFS or NFS mounts of other storage on my LAN.
Has anyone tried stane1983's firmware with this device?

Just want to say that cifs and app for managing network shares is included in all my roms. About your device, I don't know if anybody tried it... If you're going to try it, make sure to put u-boot-aml-ucl.bin from your original rom instead of mine. This way you're almost safe not to brick your bootloader, so you can easily return to your previous rom.

Reactions: mikizvi
Upvote 0
The keyboards I use are:
Rii mini i8
Rii mini i8 --Product--Rii,Rii mini,Riitek,wireless keyboard,mini keyboard,handleld keyboard,bluetooth keyboard,touchpad

SMK-Link Wireless Ultra-Mini Touchpad Keyboard
VP6364 - Wireless Ultra-Mini Touchpad Keyboard

Also in the beta the wireless worked but there was no Ethernet device.
The Ethernet worked in the 20120625 rev.

The board is a f16ref VISSON MBX V2 with Cortex A9 1.2GHz

Will fix ethernet. About usb keyboards, I will try to find configs for them. This beta firmware is built from different sources than 20120625 and those new sources seems to be buggy (they closed some bugs, but opened 10 new ones :)) . I'm in contact with Amlogic about that...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones