• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Angry Birds Rio Free On Amazon Appstore Today Only. - 3/22/11

LBPHeretic

Android Expert
May 29, 2010
Wilmington, Delaware
The Android version of Angry Birds Rio is free on the Amazon Appstore for today only. I downloaded the Amazon Appstore .apk file directly in my handset's browser and installed it, then I signed in using my Amazon account and downloaded and installed Angry Birds Rio for free. Here is the direct link you should enter in your handset's web browser: http://amzn.to/getappstore . Just following my instructions from above and you will get your free prize. Enjoy. :cool:

I happen to be on my stock Android 2.1 with Sense UI ROM at the moment and Angry Birds Rio runs fairly tolerably because it is advertisement free. I can only imagine that it runs even better on AOSP Android 2.2 and AOSP Android 2.3 with some overclocking involved. :D

Double posting for the win! Anyway, the advertisement free version of Angry Birds Seasons is free on the Amazon Appstore today. :)

I downloaded a copy even though I also have the advertisement supported version as well. I will try it and see if the performance is any different from when you shut off your mobile data connection with the advertisement supported version! ;)

Upvote 0
Good looking out LBP. I'm DL'ing it now to try it out. Seasons never ran well for me cause you had to have the ads on in order to play it. Hopefully this one will run better without the ads.

Haha. You seem to be the only one paying attention to my threads for these daily deals. :D

I am glad that I am helping someone out with this information. I think maybe some people are turned off by the Amazon DRM where if you uninstall the Amazon Appstore, the game or app no longer will work. ;)

Upvote 0
I think maybe some people are turned off by the Amazon DRM where if you uninstall the Amazon Appstore, the game or app no longer will work. ;)

I was not aware of this, but it is good to know. I really don't see me un-installing it though since it's a good market and platform. Besides, a free app a day is great! Oh, and Angry Birds Seasons still doesn't run the best, but it is playable and a little better than the ad supported version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones