• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any OTA Froyo in UK yet?

I'm on vodafone contract bought via vodafone online on release day. Picked my phone up at half twelve and voila I have froyo. Took about five six minutes to download. Then had to plaster mother in laws living room. Didn't even get to play and explore till tonight. I can't find anything missing. Tethering and goggles all there. Helix launcher not working for some reason?!

Upvote 0
hey guys, Desire user here. I was wondering how the OTA update to froyo went. Considering the rumours about us Desire owners getting an update soon, i was looking to get prepared. Does the update to FROYO do pretty much a factory reset..so will i lose all my data and settings etc? wat about the apps that are installed.

Hard to say since HTC will control what you get and how.

With the N1, there was NO data loss or reset. Just installed and went about our day.

With the new Sense Framework, it may require a wipe, who knows... oh... HTC knows... :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones