• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apex & Liberty GB

Wait, so you do have those apks inverted? :D

I'm guessing you are referring to the "3" :p

I believe I do, if you want a copy so you can check them out, let me know, and if I missed something also let me know :D. You can also get them from the BWC theme; no one using BWC has said anything about it so far...

It's themed for BWC of course, but you could change the necessary pngs to bring it back to stock. Also, some of the pngs are called from moto-res.apk.

Upvote 0
Thanks bouchigo. I had previously inverted the Settings apk and was having a hell of a time with the Music apk before I just decided to replace them with AOSP versions.

But unfortunately for the phone and contacts, I couldn't get my compiled versions working. Taking a look at your xml edits will really help me theme the Blur versions, thanks!

And here're the screenshots I posted on Twitter last night. I am aware of that Motorola gradient thing on the lockscreen, I haven't gotten rid of it yet ;)

31685d1303278317-new-apex-gb-coming-browser.png

31686d1303278323-new-apex-gb-coming-homescreen.png

31687d1303278330-new-apex-gb-coming-lockscreen.png

31688d1303278335-new-apex-gb-coming-settings.png

31689d1303278339-new-apex-gb-coming-voicedialer.png

Upvote 0
Looks great Fab!!!
Bo, could you point me to somewhere that has information on how to make the theming edits (xml edits) you are talking about? I'd like to see if I can take a stab and modifying things the way I'd like them. But, I don't know where to start.

not sure how accurate this guide is now a days. but i asked the same question as you about six months ago and this is one of the answers i got.

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AcdxIJRSH9ypZGZzc2pxNDlfMjdnazk4OHNxZA&hl=en&pli=1

Upvote 0
And here're the screenshots I posted on Twitter last night. I am aware of that Motorola gradient thing on the lockscreen, I haven't gotten rid of it yet ;)

You probably already know where the lockscreen gradient is, but in case you haven't had the time to look for it, it's controlled by zz_moto_gradient_bg.png in framework-res.apk.

Also, to change the color for "Ongoing" and "Notification" background in the Notification pulldown, you have to edit (in SystemUI.apk) shade_bgcolor located at /res/values/drawables.xml.

But if you already knew this, maybe it will help someone else out ;)

EDIT:
You know how your list menu shows up with a light background if you don't have enough items in the list to fill the whole screen, well you can fix that by editing zz_moto_list_texture_bg.png and zz_moto_list_texture.png in framework-res.apk.

Upvote 0
There's a better way bouchigo, by editing the styles.xml (IIRC) in framework-res so that it doesn't even point to those images anymore, and defaults back to AOSP behavior. I didn't have to modify those images and the backgrounds are black again.

@Trooper, I realize a lot of people like the new Blur, but Apex will be sufficiently debloated, with the option to add Blur back in manually.

Upvote 0
There's a better way bouchigo, by editing the styles.xml (IIRC) in framework-res so that it doesn't even point to those images anymore, and defaults back to AOSP behavior. I didn't have to modify those images and the backgrounds are black again.

@Trooper, I realize a lot of people like the new Blur, but Apex will be sufficiently debloated, with the option to add Blur back in manually.

Oh, nice......I'll have to check that out.

Upvote 0

The new blur is quite nice but I just like things stripped down. I look forward to trying out your GB version of Apex once its released.

Thanks Fab.

Upvote 0
Call me nuts but I love the new blur apps and theme. I'm sticking with these colors.
I believe Moto's really scores with this latest iteration. Of course, I will be trying all the new roms to get the experience and feel of them. :)

+1

+2 for seeing Fab in this thread.

+3 for seeing Steven58 in EVERY thread. :)

Love all around.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones