• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T Pre-Order and Release date discussion thread

Yes, I think they are going in order. I ordered mine on the 7th.

No, they aren't. I ordered mine at 12:30am on the 6th. My order status hasn't changed in 2 weeks. I've called a csr, checked both att websites constantly. There are people that ordered on the 16th that already have their S3's shipped. This is complete and utter b.s. and is really pissing me off. I was one of the first orders and it clearly states, "first come, first serve" when you pre-order. This will be the last time I ever pre-order from at&t again.

Upvote 0
No, they aren't. I ordered mine at 12:30am on the 6th. My order status hasn't changed in 2 weeks. I've called a csr, checked both att websites constantly. There are people that ordered on the 16th that already have their S3's shipped. This is complete and utter b.s. and is really pissing me off. I was one of the first orders and it clearly states, "first come, first serve" when you pre-order. This will be the last time I ever pre-order from at&t again.

Wowwwww... I understand your frustration dude but what can we do at this point but wait like ducks in a pond waiting to get plucked off

Upvote 0
Wowwwww... I understand your frustration dude but what can we do at this point but wait like ducks in a pond waiting to get plucked off

When you have been a customer for over a decade and pay $550 for a phone 2 weeks ago, you expect to get your phone before someone that ordered 3 days ago. Especially, when at&t specifically states in writing, barring delays it is a first come,first served process. And clearly, there is no delay. Add to the fact, that no one within at&t customer service has a friggin clue or simply lying to customers.
All I can say is, I hope it arrives tomorrow at my door, as was clearly stated on my order.

Upvote 0
When you have been a customer for over a decade and pay $550 for a phone 2 weeks ago, you expect to get your phone before someone that ordered 3 days ago. Especially, when at&t specifically states in writing, barring delays it is a first come,first served process. And clearly, there is no delay. Add to the fact, that no one within at&t customer service has a friggin clue or simply lying to customers.
All I can say is, I hope it arrives tomorrow at my door, as was clearly stated on my order.

You know the funny thing is that I know the units are allocated per market. The store I order mines from only did 5 total as per the rep.. But the funny thing is that e 6 or mines on the 13 nobody unit was shipped. This pisses me off especially when I went to the store to upgrade and the rep talked me Into preordering a unit that I ain't even gonna see after I specifically said I'm traveling international for a month and lwould like my unit to go with. Taking all the international packages they offer and still no unit.. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Upvote 0
Interesting. So do you pay the same monthly payment as someone on a contract at att?

Yes, but I can alter it any time I choose. That is the benefit. As I said, if a provider pisses me off, I can leave. If I go overseas to Spain, France or UK, I can still use my phone with a new sim, s long as there is gsm in the correct bands, I'm good to go.

If you never go anywhere and plan to stick to your provider, there reallyisn't much of a benefit.

Upvote 0
Paying $550 for a phone? If you start with a contract, you pay $199 for the phone. Then, if you cancel, you pay the early termination fee, which is $325 minus $10 for each month that you have the phone. You'll probably have had the phone a minimum of one month, so the total would be $514 max - very possibly less. Unless I'm missing some extra fees, that is cheaper than an outright no contract purchase of $550.

Upvote 0
just found this online :

****Correction***** The Samsung Galaxy SIII will be available in AT&T stores on 6/21. We’re getting conflicting reports, but we received words from AT&T reps that the phones should be available by tomorrow in stores! Apologize for any confusion! also, see below for T-Mobile’s release plan.

Upvote 0
Paying $550 for a phone? If you start with a contract, you pay $199 for the phone. Then, if you cancel, you pay the early termination fee, which is $325 minus $10 for each month that you have the phone. You'll probably have had the phone a minimum of one month, so the total would be $514 max - very possibly less. Unless I'm missing some extra fees, that is cheaper than an outright no contract purchase of $550.

My phone will also be factory unlocked, but as you mentioned, this option is not the best for everyone. And like I said earlier, it may in fact be better for you to do contracts. I refruse to do them and never will.

Upvote 0
No contract. I never do the contract phone. I prefer to have the option to quit when I want and be a slave to no service provider. Plus, being unlocked I can take my phone anywhere in the world and pop the sim out for O2, Vodaphone, Telus, Movistar, what have you.

paying 200 and paying 325 for cancellation = 525. So no one is a slave to anyone. you pay upfront or you pay later, it is actually cheaper as you go on.

I think buying upfront is the worst investment. If you use the service for 3 months or 6 months you actually pay less cancellation.

Don't let your pride get in your way.

Upvote 0
paying 200 and paying 325 for cancellation = 525. So no one is a slave to anyone. you pay upfront or you pay later, it is actually cheaper as you go on.

I think buying upfront is the worst investment. If you use the service for 3 months or 6 months you actually pay less cancellation.

Yea i get that it is cheaper.....but u guys are forgetting that if you cancel you can't renew right away and get a n3w phone.....i forget how long it is but.... so that would turn into a hassle of putting under some1 else's name....and all that would.... so if ya like at&t.....and don't wanna bounce around...ya gotta buy the phone at 549$ ......that's how they get ya.....i see both sides of tho

Upvote 0

You could not be more mistaken. Don't let your carrier based closed mind get in your way.............lol................no offense to you. Some folks like to have the latest equipment and not wait 2 years to upgrade.

I bought and paid for a One X and am using it on Straight Talk for $45.00 per month. Bring your own devices (BYOD) sim cards use AT&T towers. You have the same network as if you were on AT&T with a contract. That's a savings of over $900 per year and i do NOT have to waste my time with a phone contract for 2 years!
I like getting new equipment and can not sit with outdated phones waiting for a contract to end. $900 a year less expensive and that amount of money will easily pay for the new phone in a matter of 5 months!
You can sell a "newer" device on ebay or Cowboom etc. for quite a bit after only 5 months........and then get something newer............win win win all the way........

Upvote 0
Well what I previously said about AT&T does well about shipping all overnight and not to worry was wrong. Mine is still showing backordered. I really don't undestand the reason for how they ship.

Someone on XDA ordered on the 12th or 13th premium and his is on the truck for delivery, I ordered mine on the 6th and is still backordered. Oh well, I'll get it when I get it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones