• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery life and battery management

Thanks scary alien.

Another problem that I see is that the battery bar is unusual, when I charge it for a few minutes it show half charge from low battery which it can't be that fast. It only happen time to time. Even when the phone is fully charge, the phone sometime turn off when I'm using the market app or on youtube so this phone is really stressing me out. If anybody knows the solution, I'll be humble for the help.

Well, I'm not familiar at all with the physical aspects of your phone, but is it possible that your battery is loose or not always making proper contact with the phone?

If your phone does have a removable battery, can you remove the cover and see if the battery is indeed loose?

Either way, you might want to take it in to your carrier or retailer for them to check-out. There might also still be someone here in your phone's home forum who might have a good idea or suggestion for you.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
I wish I can bring it in but I can't because the phone is unlock so they won't touch it. I just hope someone knows how to bring my display use percentage down, I believe that'll definetly save more battery. That's the number one issue I want to get rid of, the phone battery is fine when I don't use and it last like brand new but as soon as I go through the phone for a bit; the battery life simply drop. Everything is set low and all the combine apps is using total of 6% of the battery which is typical so I don't really know what else is wrong?

Upvote 0
I wish I can bring it in but I can't because the phone is unlock so they won't touch it. I just hope someone knows how to bring my display use percentage down, I believe that'll definetly save more battery. That's the number one issue I want to get rid of, the phone battery is fine when I don't use and it last like brand new but as soon as I go through the phone for a bit; the battery life simply drop. Everything is set low and all the combine apps is using total of 6% of the battery which is typical so I don't really know what else is wrong?

are you sure that they will not touch it. i have had several devices that were rooted and sprint had no issues with it. the main thing is as long as the issue is not root related then you should be ok.

check this out:
Sprint's Rooting Policy Put to the Test-Acsyndicate | Acsyndicate

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
are you sure that they will not touch it. i have had several devices that were rooted and sprint had no issues with it. the main thing is as long as the issue is not root related then you should be ok.

check this out:
Sprint's Rooting Policy Put to the Test-Acsyndicate | Acsyndicate

I think Vudoo is outside the US, Based on the use of English (its quite good though for someone who likely doesn't use it as their primary language). I don't think Sprint's policies will apply here.
Unlocked = GSM
Different carriers have different policies, especially around the world.

Vudoo can you share who your carrier/mobile service provider is?

Upvote 0
Today, when I was charging my phone, I noticed it was lower then I thought. I checked my battery app and when i plugged it in I had 20%, then I checked in about an hour later and it was at 2%. This problem just happened today, never had a problem yesterday.

I didn't install any new app, download anything new or did anything really today that would be an instant cause for this issue. I've been using the same phone charger on the wall outlet for a while, and it actually stopped charging from that. I moved it to a new outlet to notice this problem.

Any help would be appreciated

Upvote 0
My battery life has gotten progressively worse over the last couple of months. I took it to sprint this morning and surprise surprise they tell me the battery is bad and I should upgrade...go figure.

I think i'm going to just buy an extended life battery anyway, I don't have the money to upgrade, as tempting as the Note II is ;)

Upvote 0
Hi there. I just got a new HTC Evo 3D from Virgin Mobile. The battery life is terrible. I charged the phone last night and after only 4 hours I got the "charge battery" notice on my phone. I hardly used it today; just to check email for 5 minutes and send a few texts. The rest of the time it was on standby. I noticed the phone was quite warm to the touch, just from sitting.

I don't know much about the technical aspects of these phones; I hear a lot about "rooting" phones but I have no clue what that is let alone how to do it.

Can someone tell me in simple terms, what I should do to get better battery life out of this phone. I changed my wallpaper to a photo instead of a "live" wallpaper, and I turned off 4G when I am using wifi. What else can I do?

Upvote 0
Hi there. I just got a new HTC Evo 3D from Virgin Mobile. The battery life is terrible. I charged the phone last night and after only 4 hours I got the "charge battery" notice on my phone. I hardly used it today; just to check email for 5 minutes and send a few texts. The rest of the time it was on standby. I noticed the phone was quite warm to the touch, just from sitting.

I don't know much about the technical aspects of these phones; I hear a lot about "rooting" phones but I have no clue what that is let alone how to do it.

Can someone tell me in simple terms, what I should do to get better battery life out of this phone. I changed my wallpaper to a photo instead of a "live" wallpaper, and I turned off 4G when I am using wifi. What else can I do?
i would also turn 3g off as well. it too can be a battery hog. only turn it on when needed. there should be a 3g toggle widget you can add to the homescreen for easy on off operations........htc calls 3g, mobile network.

other then that...you can try rooting your phone. and here is everything you will ever need to know about rooting and what it is:http://androidforums.com/cdma-evo-3d-all-things-root/495121-htc-evo-3d-all-things-root-guide.html. there are some great links to read....check it out.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
You may also want to turn off wifi when you're not using it, turn down brightness, and maybe even use a task manager for freeing up RAM.

Wifi is certainly preferable to have on when you need it, but I haven't noticed too much drain/issue when no network is available.

Turning brightness down does seem to help a lot (I'm usually manually set to 35-40% which is plenty readable).

Haven't used or needed a task manager since before Android 2.1 came out (mid 2010). Android itself does a great job of memory management, so task managers are largely unnecessary nowadays (most apps will / should sit quietly in the background and will get auto swapped-out by the OS when memory is needed).

Cheers!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
OK....I want to post my .02 here.
My battery life had been pretty good. But started getting Very bad.
Had to turn off the 3g to make it last - basically making it a dumb phone.
Switching the 3d back on to check something...would cause immediate and sudden battery drain.

Had to do a battery pull and noticed the Battery was bulging and didn't fit flush. Took into the sprint repair center across the street. Where they were anything but helpful. Basically shell out $45 for a new battery or it will explode in your pocket...

Ordered one on amazon for $17 dollars....1900 AWESOME - Battery life is back to where it should have been.

I think it sucks that sprint and other carriers will lock you into a 2 year contract then not support that device for the full two years....

***end Rant** *

Anyone needing a replacement that will fit into you current housing and Case...I HIGHLY recommend

Amazon.com: Anker 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, EVO 3D, Mytouch 4G Slide, Amaze 4G - White: Cell Phones & Accessories

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
OK....I want to post my .02 here.
My battery life had been pretty good. But started getting Very bad.
Had to turn off the 3g to make it last - basically making it a dumb phone.
Switching the 3d back on to check something...would cause immediate and sudden battery drain.

Had to do a battery pull and noticed the Battery was bulging and didn't fit flush. Took into the sprint repair center across the street. Where they were anything but helpful. Basically shell out $45 for a new battery or it will explode in your pocket...

Ordered one on amazon for $17 dollars....1900 AWESOME - Battery life is back to where it should have been.

I think it sucks that sprint and other carriers will lock you into a 2 year contract then not support that device for the full two years....

***end Rant** *

Anyone needing a replacement that will fit into you current housing and Case...I HIGHLY recommend

Amazon.com: Anker 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, EVO 3D, Mytouch 4G Slide, Amaze 4G - White: Cell Phones & Accessories

Ok I just bought this, I guess I'll find out how good it is in a few days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones