• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Be an HTC Beta Tester! Their accepting 500 ppl today!

techman01

Jan 9, 2012
HTC posted on their twitter alittle while ago:

Love your HTC? We launched a special VIP community for people just like you! We're accepting 500 members via Twitter

Link Here:

http://access.htcelevate.com

Fill out the survey and they will let you know if you are accepted. Only 500ppl, good luck! I'm in : )

NOTE: You cannot fill out the survey on a mobile device. must be a desktop.

Took the quiz and was accepted... however, apperantly, I took too long filling out the info after the choosing of a screen name page and it said I timed out. Then sent me back to the screen name page... but when I try to redo that page it tells me there is an account with this info already. So, my question is, where do I go to log in?:thinking: I have not received any emails from them...

Upvote 0
I got in too...

My guess is their first goal is to get "real users" not press/blog/competition/etc. Hence the limited space as well as the quiz (by the time people figure out which questions include/exclude you...it will be full.

as for why the site looks like a pro HTC site...well it is....and here is what they say about why they built it and what they expect

Upvote 0
I got in too...

My guess is their first goal is to get "real users" not press/blog/competition/etc. Hence the limited space as well as the quiz (by the time people figure out which questions include/exclude you...it will be full.

as for why the site looks like a pro HTC site...well it is....and here is what they say about why they built it and what they expect

So first they want info from us...then as they develop stuff...they will share it with us ... so I assume this will be features that can be plugged into most or all HTC phones. Maybe new htc widgets, apss, plugins, etc

They also asked if you would be willing to beta test for them.

Upvote 0
They also asked if you would be willing to beta test for them.

Right...but they did not say what...they were very vague in what that meant. Which is why I said they would "share stuff" with us. And since it seems to me they are accepting people from all over the world with all types of phones. I assume, whatever we are Beta testing will likely be compatible with most or all. Hence my guess at widtets, plugins, apps etc.

But my response was mostly directed at schimm...since he wondered just a post or two above mine...what they have in mind with this site.

Edit: They are up to 551 members...so maybe they have extended the invite limit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones