• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Benchmark tests DX - Evo - N1 (Froyo)

Now its good to finally see the "Shadow" scores on Quadrant wasnt running 2.2 Some folks thought it did. Good to see that put to rest.

And folks hoping it shipped with Froyo.....havent seen these scores. If its doing this BEFORE Froyo....can u imagine AFTER Froyo?!?! The whole time before the X came out, I kept telling ppl, it would be nice if it didnt ship with Froyo, so we ould see the actual power of the current 1Ghz OMAP vs. current 1Ghz Snapdragon.

Snapdragon is just a buzzword, marketing tool.

Upvote 0
Now its good to finally see the "Shadow" scores on Quadrant wasnt running 2.2 Some folks thought it did. Good to see that put to rest.

And folks hoping it shipped with Froyo.....havent seen these scores. If its doing this BEFORE Froyo....can u imagine AFTER Froyo?!?! The whole time before the X came out, I kept telling ppl, it would be nice if it didnt ship with Froyo, so we ould see the actual power of the current 1Ghz OMAP vs. current 1Ghz Snapdragon.

Snapdragon is just a buzzword, marketing tool.

Well in a few weeks whenever 2.2 is out for the X people will be in awe at how fast it will be and how it blows all the others out of the water

Upvote 0
I am on a limb trying to decide and I really don't want to pay the high costs of Verizon DATA just to get a phone that has a better fps or slightly better processor over the other one. Saving $50 bucks a month on a family plan with TWO EVOs will be a huge deal with me.

Now if Verizon combined DATA over the family plan like Sprint does, I would be there. But for now, EVO and Sprint network is for me. Currently with AT&T and hate them with a passion.

Upvote 0
I am on a limb trying to decide and I really don't want to pay the high costs of Verizon DATA just to get a phone that has a better fps or slightly better processor over the other one. Saving $50 bucks a month on a family plan with TWO EVOs will be a huge deal with me.

Now if Verizon combined DATA over the family plan like Sprint does, I would be there. But for now, EVO and Sprint network is for me. Currently with AT&T and hate them with a passion.

Yeah but do you want a phone that is well built and will last or one that you constantly have to keep returning and waiting to get your phone through all of the shortages? Price is always an issue but for me i would rather spend a little extra to have a better network and be able to have my phone with little worries of major problems(yes X isn't out yet I just mean Motorola products in general)

Upvote 0
Yeah well the original droid didnt have too many issues it seems that HTC phones always have major issues. I mean the Evo has been out what 2 weeks and already many are literally falling apart. Not to mention the Incredible all the issues with that and who even knows how long verizon will keep that phone

LOL, sorry but I know many with the EVOs and they are not falling apart. Keep spouting off non-sense to make your phone look good before it's even released. Like the iphone 4 people and it was a complete disaster.

Upvote 0
LOL, sorry but I know many with the EVOs and they are not falling apart. Keep spouting off non-sense to make your phone look good before it's even released. Like the iphone 4 people and it was a complete disaster.

OK maybe not yours but there are many that are search around this site a little there was an article a few days back about that, so i wouldn't say its nonsense. I don't need to make it look good personally its for me so i don't really care what someone else thinks about it. It's how it feels to me and if i like it or not will determine if i buy it.

Upvote 0
Yeah well the original droid didnt have too many issues it seems that HTC phones always have major issues. I mean the Evo has been out what 2 weeks and already many are literally falling apart. Not to mention the Incredible all the issues with that and who even knows how long verizon will keep that phone

You read the forums to much. It seems people only post when they have a problem. One ****ing guy said he was taking back his 2nd evo because it vibrated louder then he wanted. Falling apart? Be real. Every phone will have problems, iphone, evo, inc, they all have some problems and im sure the droid x will also.

Upvote 0
You read the forums to much. It seems people only post when they have a problem. One ****ing guy said he was taking back his 2nd evo because it vibrated louder then he wanted. Falling apart? Be real. Every phone will have problems, iphone, evo, inc, they all have some problems and im sure the droid x will also.

No actually there was pictures of the screen coming up but you seem to know so much and seem that when someone says something about the phone you want to get you get all defensive. I was just saying what was posted on the internet showing the EVO and all that so relax, don't get all worked up over there I mean it is just a phone after all.

Upvote 0
OK maybe not yours but there are many that are search around this site a little there was an article a few days back about that, so i wouldn't say its nonsense. I don't need to make it look good personally its for me so i don't really care what someone else thinks about it. It's how it feels to me and if i like it or not will determine if i buy it.

I don't even own a EVO yet. I have a iphone 3gs currently looking to see what phone to get. But I don't like seeing someone talk crap about phones when one hasn't even come out yet.

Upvote 0
No actually there was pictures of the screen coming up but you seem to know so much and seem that when someone says something about the phone you want to get you get all defensive. I was just saying what was posted on the internet showing the EVO and all that so relax, don't get all worked up over there I mean it is just a phone after all.

Dude, you are one of the worst fanbois period. Someone that will say anything about another phone to make it look bad before your mommy buys you the phone you want.

The X will have issues too. All phones do. The HTC right now is resolving the issues, unlike Apple. LOL

Upvote 0

Attachments

• mflops.jpg
    mflops.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
I find that hard to believe.....maybe the mflops but not Quadrant. And for having apps running in the background....thats called a real world scenario.

I just ran it again to make sure and hit it the exact same time as he did (took a few times) and my evo beats it to the video test screen then the X catches up i would think thats because of the evo's 30fps slowing it down. IDK. It finished the exact same time as the droid x with a score of 468. How is he getting a score that high on his x without 2.2? Hmmm and why am i finishing the exact same time as he is?

Edit: Just ran the mflops with a bunch of apps running and had pandora playing some foo fighters, learn to fly in the background and still got a 6.8 score.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones