• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Has anyone had any luck using bettercut on their incredible? I get some error about open home and then a fc. Big waste of two bucks.

you'll have to make the shortcuts, can't edit ones already there. you'll also find some that'll give an error something about "program not installed" I'm still working on a way to manually make those. have only had the camera and people one do that to me so far. others i've tried are working fine.

Upvote 0
Yeah when I try to make my own shortcuts it freaks out and the causes all sorts of trouble with my phone. I have uninstalled it, but I didn't try it until a few days after I got it so no luck with the refund. :(

I really would like to try and make my own shortcuts or at the very least change the names of the ones that disappear off to the side, but oh well.

Upvote 0
Yeah when I try to make my own shortcuts it freaks out and the causes all sorts of trouble with my phone. I have uninstalled it, but I didn't try it until a few days after I got it so no luck with the refund. :(

I really would like to try and make my own shortcuts or at the very least change the names of the ones that disappear off to the side, but oh well.
**screenshots down below for follow-along**

Only way I have found to make so far:

Start with Bettercut installed on a homescreen,

bring up 'Add to Home'

select 'Add shortcut'

select bettercut

select activity (may have to wait a few min the first time you go to this screen for it to fill in)

select shortcut you want - in this case i added internet browser

select change icon - select where icon is - select icon you want - rename shortcut if you need/want

select create

exit bettercut, find icon on screen you placed it on. and if it works, enjoy. if it doesn't well i'm still working on how to create manual shortcuts myself.

Attachments

• device.jpg
    device.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 67
  • device2.jpg
    device2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 51
  • device3.jpg
    device3.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 74
  • device4.jpg
    device4.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 52
  • device6.jpg
    device6.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 42
  • device7.jpg
    device7.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 89
  • device8.jpg
    device8.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 70
  • device10.jpg
    device10.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 40
  • device11.jpg
    device11.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 46
  • device12.jpg
    device12.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones