• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Tri-Band S3 (SPH-L710T)

Reactions: fatnickd1
Upvote 0
THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Where is the love button?! My ~$300 paperweight works again, thanks to you! I will update OP with a guide, if you do not mind me using your link, though tomorrow, I will post my own if you wish.

YES :D I'm sooooo happy it worked. && share the link it's all good with me. I have it accessible to the public. Maybe this can be integrated into custom roms (Singularity as mention before) in the future. **Requested dev status to upload on androidfilehost it's pending but I will host it on there too.
BTW
MD5 hash = "ce081afd634afab21f2dae2a20b63a6d"
(i think? that's one of the reasons I want androidfilehost lol)

Upvote 0
YES :D I'm sooooo happy it worked. && share the link it's all good with me. I have it accessible to the public. Maybe this can be integrated into custom roms (Singularity as mention before) in the future. **Requested dev status to upload on androidfilehost it's pending but I will host it on there too.
BTW
MD5 hash = "ce081afd634afab21f2dae2a20b63a6d"
(i think? that's one of the reasons I want androidfilehost lol)

Added a guide to the OP lol :p
Too bad boost is having issues updating handsets right now ._.
Now we just have to find someone with a little more insight to find out how to get the G-Sensor to work right...

Reactions: XxTeXx007xX
Upvote 0
Nice!!! Glad to see you are up and running again.

Did you create your own zip file for the modem? If so, I would upload and share a link for it. That way the next person would just have to flash the modem zip.

Thankfully that is what was done for the NDC and ND8 modems. Flashable zips were created and shared here and over at XDA.

Again, great to hear you're up and running again. Bringing a phone back from the dead is an awesome feeling. :):thumbup:

Upvote 0

Did you create your own zip file for the modem? If so, I would upload and share a link for it. That way the next person would just have to flash the modem zip.

Thankfully that is what was done for the NDC and ND8 modems. Flashable zips were created and shared here and over at XDA.

Again, great to hear you're up and running again. Bringing a phone back from the dead is an awesome feeling. :):thumbup:

I added all the info for restoring the T model radio to the original post as soon as it worked for me.
It is an amazing feeling, indeed. As soon as it booted, and I had signal, I almost cheered.
Could not have done it at all without wykydtron

On another note, I wish I knew how to get this X Axis reversed! Then maybe the screen would rotate like it should .-.

Upvote 0

Extremely good point. I'll get on making & hosting a flashable zip :D
**give me 30 minutes or so
***uploading...
****++ " https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ndgi467ogiy24y/SPH-L710T_Modem-%28KOT49H.L710TVPU0ANF4%29.zip?dl=0 "
Created using JRummy's ZIPme app

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So for someone who odin'ed ND8 on the T variant to be able to run CM11 M10 with Leankernel can flash this to regain Spark capability?
*edit* Is there and md5 for this file?

Id highly recommend only using this on a stock based rom. I'm unsure if it would work or just wreak havoc. Maybe research the custom rom & integrate it therein? There is an md5 in the zip but that's for the modem.img.
I was just granted developer access in androidfilehost (woohoo!). They have auto-generated md5 per hosted file I believe & that will simplify the process.
I'll be uploading the modem.zip + various other singled out partitions today; example- boot.zip. ;)

Updated Linkage:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23681161096070687
md5: 9218de88ee18b82664a564a27cbaccb4
(md5 thanks to AFH)

Edit## BTW: I can supply a complete rooted stock rom with philz touch if requested

Upvote 0
Id highly recommend only using this on a stock based rom. I'm unsure if it would work or just wreak havoc. Maybe research the custom rom & integrate it therein? There is an md5 in the zip but that's for the modem.img.
I was just granted developer access in androidfilehost (woohoo!). They have auto-generated md5 per hosted file I believe & that will simplify the process.
I'll be uploading the modem.zip + various other singled out partitions today; example- boot.zip. ;)

Updated Linkage:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23681161096070687
md5: 9218de88ee18b82664a564a27cbaccb4
(md5 thanks to AFH)

Edit## BTW: I can supply a complete rooted stock rom with philz touch if requested

This radio file works with non-stock ROMs, seeing as I haven't been back to stock since I fragged mine. I'm still on Resurrection Remix.
Everything works fine except for the rotation. Portrait, fine all day. Landscape (X axis) Is inverted.
Aside from that, the radio, once flashed, is no worry.

Added the flashable zip to OP radio fix guide

Upvote 0
This radio file works with non-stock ROMs, seeing as I haven't been back to stock since I fragged mine. I'm still on Resurrection Remix.
Everything works fine except for the rotation. Portrait, fine all day. Landscape (X axis) Is inverted.
Aside from that, the radio, once flashed, is no worry.

Bomb diggity. Go for it then Gendo420!

I've got some work to do then I'll be flashing over to custom for sure.

Oh & FoxTrot, as for the axis issue...
Try looking into Xposed Framework.
All sorts of tweaked setting modules, maybe one of them can help.

http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer

Upvote 0
Bomb diggity. Go for it then Gendo420!

I've got some work to do then I'll be flashing over to custom for sure.

Oh & FoxTrot, as for the axis issue...
Try looking into Xposed Framework.
All sorts of tweaked setting modules, maybe one of them can help.

Xposed Installer | Xposed Module Repository

I've used Xposed before... But I have no idea of a module that can swap the X axis on the g-sensor.

Upvote 0
something i found about fixing the axis haven't tried it yet but will attempt it
http://cache.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/app_note/AN4317.pdf

never thought about modding the driver kernel

The sensor data directions can al
so be changed on the Linux driver fi
le. Below sentences with comments
could be added
into function
report_abs()
to change the data directions:
if
(
mma8452_read_data
(
&y
&x
&z
)
!=
) {
//DBG("mma8452 data read failed\n");
return
;
}
x *= -
;
//
Reverse X direction
y *= -
;
//
Reverse Y direction
z *= -
;
//
Reverse Z direction
input_report_abs
(
mma8452_idev
->input
ABS_X
x
);
input_report_abs
(
mma8452_idev
->input
ABS_Y
y
);
input_report_abs
(
mma8452_idev
->input
ABS_Z
z
);
input_sync
(
mma8452_idev
->input
);

Upvote 0
I've tried setprop in the terminal, and I've tried editing the build.prop adding: sensor.accelerometer.invert_x=1
And nothing changes. This is frustrating.
Then I also can't get bluetooth to work on Resurrection Remix... Or camera.

Edit:

Well, tried other kernels. I plan to edit the 3.4.91-CM kernel with snippits from the stock. I see no reason as it won't work perfect. I am running RR, with CM kernel. Perfect, aside from no camera, no bluetooth, and improper rotation.
Combining the two, I should have a perfect kernel. I'll keep you guys posted.

RR + ROM Results:

Stock: Rotation correct, Phone and NFC FC Loop
3.4.91-CM: Rotation inverted, no bluetooth, no camera
3.4.104-CM: Rotation inverted, no bluetooth, no data, no wifi, camera non-tested
KT747-07-11-2014: LED Pulsed blue, no boot passed the Kernel screen
QuantumKernel-9.8: Rotation inverted, no wifi, no bluetooth, no camera
DKP-20140925: Rotation inverted, no wifi, no bluetooth, no camera

Hmm... So, following these, the 3.4.91-CM kernel is my best option... But I can't rebuild it. It extracts fine, but on rebuild, even if nothing is changed, it changes the size, and fails to boot properly, requiring me to recover the original to fix it.. I don't get it..

Major leap:
Switched to BeanStalk for pure debugging.
It's running 3.4.99-CM. Bluetooth, data, wifi, camera, EVERYTHING works except rotation. I will tear down the kernel against 3.4.91-CM tomorrow, and see what is different, maybe get RR (A much better ROM in my opinion) to have all of these features :3

Okay... Clearly the coding is not in the kernel... I loaded RR with the kernel from BeanStalk... The results? No change. No camera, no Bluetooth...

Upvote 0
Hey FoxTrot sorry to see the issues with axis/rotation are persisting. Tell ya what, Im feeling rather restless & whatdo I do when insomnia hits? Tinker with electronics & code. I have a Rooted PhilzTouch Stock Rom backed up if you want it for axis sake or otherwise I'm going to upload it to my androidfilehost/account. Ill post the link here in A bit. K. :D
Oh also, speaking of tearing into roms
I was planning on doing some of that tonight to, maybe AOKP's nightly 9-10 4.4 d2lte & a few others. (Open to suggestions, just point me in the right direction with a linked ROM)

SPH-L710T_4.4-Root+PhilzTouch+Tri-Modem+APKGoodies_v1-test.zip

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655040265

Upvote 0
Hey FoxTrot sorry to see the issues with axis/rotation are persisting. Tell ya what, Im feeling rather restless & whatdo I do when insomnia hits? Tinker with electronics & code. I have a Rooted PhilzTouch Stock Rom backed up if you want it for axis sake or otherwise I'm going to upload it to my androidfilehost/account. Ill post the link here in A bit. K. :D
Oh also, speaking of tearing into roms
I was planning on doing some of that tonight to, maybe AOKP's nightly 9-10 4.4 d2lte & a few others. (Open to suggestions, just point me in the right direction with a linked ROM)

SPH-L710T_4.4-Root+PhilzTouch+Tri-Modem+APKGoodies_v1-test.zip

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655040265

I'm glad you took the time to host this. I still have my stock backup, but have yet to try putting it back on. My goal as of now is to just modify the stock, I guess.

Upvote 0
How exactly is that zip supposed to be installed? lol
I have downloaded your backup twice, and both times, I get errors trying to install it.

Edit: And MD5 matches. It's weird. It doesn't seem like a full backup, but not a full built ROM either...

Edit 2: Got bored. Tried BrokenOS ROM. On first boot, data, bluetooth and the such work. Data? It didn't even recognize the baseband. Still rotated wrong. It was running the Deathly kernel, so I replaced it with CM, as I've had more luck with it than any other. Reboot, get data, bluetooth works fine, but wifi breaks. Nevermind on that one lol

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones