• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Tri-Band S3 (SPH-L710T)

Upvote 0
So does anyone know what's happening with getting CM11/12 working on this phone? I can't find a recent build of either that doesn't screw up the radio. I thought a fix for that was pushed to the CM repositories...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...t/rom-samsung-galaxy-s3-liquidsmooth-t2958917

Liquid Smooth V4 (5.0) flash the D2BST if you have the Sph-L710T and flash the Universal APN fix if you have Boost or Virgin, but if you have Sprint you'll be stuck with 3G

Upvote 0
Reactions: 6th_Hokage
Upvote 0
Is the rotation messed up?If so what kernel if there is one to fix?

the Dev for our device and the regular L710 from team liquid is currently looking into fixing that, the 2 Devs i now that made custom kernels for 5.0 deny that rotation is a kernel issue....i think cause they personally don't want to try...For rotation the only fix for AOSP that i know of is Adaptive Rotation Lock.apk

Reactions: pOsSuM72
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: cartersball
Upvote 0
Any news about getting our own sub forums for this phone?
So here's the thing - before the site transition to the new software last month, Phases had empowered 4 of us to help make new forums. But since the transition, we haven't had access to the new admin tools so now he has to do all of them - so we're constrained to helping with the paperwork and priorities.

And the organizational delay for our admin access was driven by a nasty run of bug-making dominoes falling that didn't happen during the test transition. So we had to respect a quarantine on the tools while the devs and Phases got that sorted (which, I think we're near the end of).

And it's the holidays, so the Phaser is behind on this normal growth stuff.

Sorry for the delay but y'all are far from forgotten. I have been checking every day.

Many thanks for your patience! :)

Upvote 0
it's not the updated bootloader it's the one your phone came with lol....you only need to Odin the stock NF4 tar if you have been rom hopping....and you need to flash that updated kernel either way...

I can confirm that Wicked S5 Xperience does work if flashed following the steps in the posted link. This ROM is awesome!

Upvote 0
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if Sprint Spark works with the Wicked S5 Xperience ROM? I have the SPH-L710T on Sprint. I will of course flash the AT&T kernel that is suggested. Thanks.

do you mean will the sprint spark LTE work the same as in stock NF4? i have no idea but i do get LTE on my boost spark variant...

Upvote 0
Thanks. Install was a snap- the ROM is beautiful. Only thing is I am limited to 3G and wifi. (This is the Sprint SPH-L710T). I am hoping for a fix on the LTE- tough to have to go back to stock!

the only fix that i could see is using this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore to backup the APNS in the stock NF4 then downloading the app again in Wicked S5 and restore them....if you could report back if that works for you then i can update those instructions for sprint users :)

Reactions: stolikat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones