• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bought droid batteries from amazon-- holy shitaki mushrooms

It sounds like a knock off of the Motorola battery. i had one from a different seller months ago and it was poor quality but look almost exactly like the OEM that came with my Droid. does it have the Hologram on the back? any irregularities compared to the Original battery?
Hope its working well for you either way.

Upvote 0
It sounds like a knock off of the Motorola battery. i had one from a different seller months ago and it was poor quality but look almost exactly like the OEM that came with my Droid. does it have the Hologram on the back? any irregularities compared to the Original battery?
Hope its working well for you either way.

Mine is identical to VZW Motorolabattery, hologram included

Upvote 0
I ordered it on the 10th and it shipped on the 12th. Five days, not bad. The even supply you a USPS tracking number so you can follow it.

Edit: JUST got it in the mail. Looks OEM to me, hologram and all! Will charge and let you know how it works.

Edit AGAIN: Came with a full charge! Using it now and it works brilliantly!

Weird. I ordered mine on the 9th, shipped on the 11th, didn't get a tracking number, and I'm still waiting on it.

EDIT: It finally came. Arrived with < 5% charge. After only 1 hour of charging it's reporting a 70% charge, so once it's full I'll put it through a full day's worth of heavy use at work and see how it does.

Upvote 0
I ordered it on the 10th and it shipped on the 12th. Five days, not bad. The even supply you a USPS tracking number so you can follow it.

Edit: JUST got it in the mail. Looks OEM to me, hologram and all! Will charge and let you know how it works.

Edit AGAIN: Came with a full charge! Using it now and it works brilliantly!

how goes the battery?

Upvote 0
Full day of VERY light usage at work has me somewhere in between satisfied and impressed.

Fully charged battery ~8:30 PM. Took it off the cradle

Mostly idle throughout my shift, just sent a couple texts and made a quick 5 second phone call. Used the browser for about 5 minutes during one of my breaks.

At home, 8:15 AM. 50% charge remaining.

So, roughly 12 hours, mostly idle/standby time, with GPS / Sync / BT on, screen auto-brightness, WiFi off, JuiceDefender toggling my APN.

Upvote 0
Just got my battery.. completely forgot I even ordered it. Anyway, it looks identical to the oem battery, only difference is the build date. Did anyone else happen to check theirs? My "new" replacement was manufactured a month before the one in my phone was. Shows a date of 11/21/2009, while my original one is 12/17/2009. I guess it's not a big deal if they work, but that's a long time to be sitting in a box or on a shelf somewhere.

I wonder if these sellers are getting ahold of batteries out of refurbished/trashed phones and selling them as new.

Upvote 0
I wonder if these sellers are getting ahold of batteries out of refurbished/trashed phones and selling them as new.
If so then why do they perform so well?

Since I started running Good For Enterprise (Outlook email) my 24hr battery life dropped to 15 hours. This new battery is lasting much longer; it's still at 50% at the end of the day. I'm still going to charge it tonight though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones