• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM9 / MIUI Alphas (updated 03/20)

only two of those threads should have been intergrated into this main cm9 thread bro...the screen shots thread was made by me and were taken right after Hroark posted the op to show people what it looked like..the reason why i didnt intergrate it into this thread is because this is suposed to be a developmental thread..not a post your screen shots thread;)....the bottom thread you linked also doesnt belong here because it is a completely different topic...Katos oc kernel was originally only for cm7 but he later made a cm9 oc kernel but it all belongs in his thread about his oc kernels..so your only half right:D

Sent from this Gtab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2 Beta 2

Upvote 0
only two of those threads should have been intergrated into this main cm9 thread bro...the screen shots thread was made by me and were taken right after Hroark posted the op to show people what it looked like..the reason why i didnt intergrate it into this thread is because this is suposed to be a developmental thread..not a post your screen shots thread;)....the bottom thread you linked also doesnt belong here because it is a completely different topic...Katos oc kernel was originally only for cm7 but he later made a cm9 oc kernel but it all belongs in his thread about his oc kernels..so your only half right:D

Sent from this Gtab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2 Beta 2

Eh better to be safe them sorry. Still would be nice if all the CM9 stuff was in one thread but oh well ;) There is also one I forgot as well lol.

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...944mhz-io-gov-2-6-35-14-update-3-24-12-a.html

-------------------------------------

On a side note: I find the MIUI rom to be very unusual compared to other roms I've used. It seems like it mimics the iPhone a lot in visual style and display. It's very clean look and the apps are nice looking. I've heard of it before but never really tried it till now. Lots of my friends use CM9 on their phones so seeing someone with MIUI is a bit unusual for me.

Look forward to more future development of these roms.

Upvote 0
im working on something now..as much as i.can but im busy with work so much its hard to put in a lot of time...as soon as i can finsh marking my changes to it i will post a thread..and no xruptor it wont be in the cm9 thread lol..but anyway i keep breaking root with one of my changes..so im trying to narrow it down one by one taking out my mods to figure out whats doing it

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Upvote 0
Bump to see if these are still being sorted out or we stuck with what we have? Just curious .. seems like hroark has warped to another thread :p

Sent from my SPH-M820 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Is MIUI still being worked on by anyone? That's my favourite rom, haha.

All other roms are still being worked on besides those that were maintained by Hroark. That doesn't mean that development has ceased, just means that we need to take matters into our own hands. That's why he provided the code and such. There are a lot of bright people that will continue working on it. Just don't expect any updates to CM7,CM9,MIUI anytime soon ;) Updates will be few and far between.

Upvote 0
Well.. damn! That's not exactly what I wanted to hear!! :p

Anyways.. I wish I knew how to dev... but it seems my attention span (ADHD) kicks in and I try starting to learn something only to not be able to get something installed right or I lose my patience... screwed up thing is... seems like the only patience I have now a days isn't much... guess I should've left all those hard drugs alone when I was younger and concentrated on something that would actually pay off more than learning how to smoke, snort, drink, etc.

Anyways, I still have some hope somewhere in this broken down vessel I call my body! :p

Upvote 0
Hroark........

Hey I am trying to build a CM9 from source, are the steps for doing so about the same as using ur tut for CM7 build? If not can you point me in the right direction of what I need to get going? I have the repo downloaded...just wanted to check with you about the next move..

Thanks again in advance for what you do!!

O

Upvote 0
well to Hroark13, Riflez and Bloodawn, I thank you all for the things you've done for the production of Samsung Galaxy Prevail Roms, sadly i've moved on to better things which are still in need of developing, If any of you manage to get your hands on a spare 300$ and feel like working on something else, i'd love to see a familiar face over on the EVO Design - All Things Root - Android Forums page. Great phone, not many devs over there :/. kinda sad to see. If any of you could possibly move onto that direction.. :p it would make me jizz at the sight :p. lol. have a great day you guys

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones