• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CTmod2.3 or cynongenmod 7 for prevail

D

Deleted User

i orginnally was gonna try shabbymod .9 on my prevail then i heard it wouldnt work with EJ06 so i went looking at ctmod 2.3 and the cynongen 7 port from hroak, i finaly went with ctmod 2.3 and have it currently installed.
tthree questions....
1) which is better? and does either of them close that back door that boost has on the prevail
2) if i remove mms.apk and stuck with smspro, and removed browser.apk and went with firefox will the ctmod still work.
3) are there any screenshots of cynongen 7 port from hroak(sorry if i get the nick wrong)

i orginnally was gonna try shabbymod .9 on my prevail then i heard it wouldnt work with EJ06 so i went looking at ctmod 2.3 and the cynongen 7 port from hroak, i finaly went with ctmod 2.3 and have it currently installed.
tthree questions....
1) which is better? and does either of them close that back door that boost has on the prevail
2) if i remove mms.apk and stuck with smspro, and removed browser.apk and went with firefox will the ctmod still work.
3) are there any screenshots of cynongen 7 port from hroak(sorry if i get the nick wrong)

1. Is a question that only you can answer by testing both... I will say this tho... cm7 is still in beta so it has its quirks and issues.. but it is still a great from especially if you are into learning how to mod.... CT is fast and stable... if you just want your phone to work with no nonsense go for this

Personally I use both depending on the situation I see myself being in.... and both close Backdoor and kill carrier iq

2. Yes (well a half yes... Firefox is not available for the prevail that I am aware of. Look into dolphin browser)

3. Check each individual thread

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I would say just use CTMOD if you want to use a good custom ROM that is fast and stable.

If you are into this for the hobby, and want to help and contribute to getting CM7 to a stable release, then try it out.

If you are going to try CM7 keep a copy of the CTMOD rom on your SD card, so that you can load it if you need to

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones