• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire - Kindle App

Hi Guys,

I have the kindle app - I have about 20 books on my device.

I am about to move to a Nexus S - and am worried I wont be able to take my books?

Anyone know how to do this?

I understood that once they were installed on a device, you can not install them on another device, right or wrong?

Thanks

I have Kindle on my pc, netbook and Desire. All are synched to Amazons servers. You can have up to a maximum of 5 devices per account. All the books I have (about 80 in total) are present on all my devices. i didn't copy them from the pc to netbook etc, just let amazon/kindle do it for you.

So you can just download kindle for the nexus, login, it will sync automatically. You may have to retrieve archived items if they don't auto download.

Works everytime :)

If you try to connect more than 5 devices to your account kindle will tell you. You can just go to the kindle store and de-register any device you no longer use.

Reactions: virtualsalmon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones