• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV][WIP] CM9-Esteem LG MS910

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been messing with one on n off but nothing grand yet. I got mt to decompile the framework.jar and core.jar for me lol

I try not to get hung up to much on my other projects for too long until I get CM9 in better shape. And for some unknown reason I can not get a kernel I compile for the connect to boot. :mad: I have tried bone stock, mt's Blitz src, and every way to compile it I know of to no avail and it kinda pi55es me off and unmotivates me to work on it til I have a kernel of my own.

I even started a CM9 repo for the connect too, but its not compiling yet.... but I know what needs edited to get it too tho lol.

Oh and I have my Esteem src compiling again :D

HAHA same here man, grabbed the bone stock kernel, added root and minfree values with dsixds's kitchen annnd.... no boot haha this device is a huuuge mystery to me.. even worse since i dont have 1 to test my work and there only like 1 guy who actually tested it for me haha becoming a nightmare.. but ill keep trying untill i can get some cm9 haha, is there anything i can do to help your progress do you think? im more than willing man!!

Upvote 0
Alright here are the pictures that will make you guys drool :)

2012-05-21+17.38.29.jpg

2012-05-21+17.38.59.jpg

2012-05-21+17.39.20.jpg

2012-05-21+17.39.39.jpg

2012-05-21+17.39.51.jpg

2012-05-21+17.41.04.jpg

2012-05-21+17.41.19.jpg

2012-05-21+17.41.32.jpg

2012-05-21+17.41.47.jpg

2012-05-21+17.44.08.jpg

2012-05-21+17.44.51.jpg

2012-05-21+17.45.22.jpg

It's.... So beautiful :s:

Upvote 0
Those photos look beautiful! Unfortunately ICS is coming too late for me. After having the phone since the day it came out, I am selling my LG Esteem next week while the price is still decent having sold my soul to iOS 6 Beta and my new iPhone. I'll still pop in every now and then, however after moving to get rid of my Esteem the only Android device I will have aside from my girlfriend's Samsung Admire (Metro) is my ASUS Transformer TF101 which is already running ICS and is scheduled to get JB in the near future from OEM.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Those photos look beautiful! Unfortunately ICS is coming too late for me. After having the phone since the day it came out, I am selling my LG Esteem next week while the price is still decent having sold my soul to iOS 6 Beta and my new iPhone. I'll still pop in every now and then, however after moving to get rid of my Esteem the only Android device I will have aside from my girlfriend's Samsung Admire (Metro) is my ASUS Transformer TF101 which is already running ICS and is scheduled to get JB in the near future from OEM.

Good luck!

Well to each their own respect your choice but I'm an android boy for life

Upvote 0
Omg. PG. You're now working on the Esteem? I remember when you had helped with Optimus M a lot! <3 CM7 was so nice on that phone. But I've since got a Wildfire S because my mom smashed my Optimus with an hammer -_- My Wildfire S is now running CM9, and now I don't think I would ever look at an phone that had anything less. And I've since got my hands on a used Esteem and I would love you so much if you fixed it for this phone. I could perhaps test and create logcats and send the logs to you? I can't account for the data and service part of it just yet because it may not activate. (my grandma found it abandoned, not stolen) But it would certainly be of help wouldn't it? But in the mean time is there a CM7 ROM for this phone to use as a daily?

Upvote 0
Omg. PG. You're now working on the Esteem? I remember when you had helped with Optimus M a lot! <3 CM7 was so nice on that phone. But I've since got a Wildfire S because my mom smashed my Optimus with an hammer -_- My Wildfire S is now running CM9, and now I don't think I would ever look at an phone that had anything less. And I've since got my hands on a used Esteem and I would love you so much if you fixed it for this phone. I could perhaps test and create logcats and send the logs to you? I can't account for the data and service part of it just yet because it may not activate. (my grandma found it abandoned, not stolen) But it would certainly be of help wouldn't it? But in the mean time is there a CM7 ROM for this phone to use as a daily?

unfortunately there is no cm 7/9 yet. But pg is working super hard to make them happen. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones