• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {DISCONTINUED}MegaTron 6.2.5 (Updated 7/13/13)

I'm getting amazing battery life. It depends on what apps or widgets you having running and how well your power management is such as keeping 3g or bluetooth or GPS off when they aren't being used. I've had a battery drain issue in the past using avast but that was a while ago. I have actually noticed that Android System is using a serious amount of battery when I look in the battery usage in About Phone. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Upvote 0
I'm getting amazing battery life. It depends on what apps or widgets you having running and how well your power management is such as keeping 3g or bluetooth or GPS off when they aren't being used. I've had a battery drain issue in the past using avast but that was a while ago. I have actually noticed that Android System is using a serious amount of battery when I look in the battery usage in About Phone. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

One about to post same answer lol but as far as ur question goes i too have seen that mine runs 82& curious myself to why so high

Upvote 0
Its weird cuz I'm only at 70% after being being unplugged for about 9 hours and some relatively extensive Angry Birds, 3g usage and a full wipe a reload but I started the day at Android System at 90% usage. Checked 2 other phones, both were Galaxy S2 and Sprint and both were at 50% usage. Wondering of its a Sprint thing. My tablet is only at 2%...its weird

Upvote 0
idk. i did notice that the phones Android System encompasses alot of processes as opposed to my tablet. also i noticed that newer devices running ICS on up shows for Android System and Android OS which might mean that our Android System app may include a bunch of vital processes...idk but i know other people on other devices are reporting different usages

Upvote 0
Anybody miss me? :p

Anyway, the Android System showing up as the major player on battery life is a Gingerbread bug, of sorts. While it's true that more processes are considered under that particular banner on GB than on any other flavor of Android OS, it still doesn't completely explain the way-above-and-beyond percentages the phone reports as using up the battery's juice.

Upvote 0
NiteNarmor is correct, theres no need for a task manager on android.
Android and the Rom it self handles app better than any task manager app. They are actually battery killers and not savers:p for some phone it might work but overall theres truely no need for it. The rom already has a built it memory mod that will auto free the ram memory when it gets too low.

You can open no frills cpu and set the OC speed you want for your phone. It makes a difference in speed since your processor speed is going up.

This is true but that would be more valid if the task manager your using is always running. Im just talking about simple task managers that you go into to just clear ram or stop a process if you want to. Based on my experience on every android phone ive owned boost or otherwise by me clearing my ram and cache myself instead of waiting for my phone to slow down or reset it helps. But i do understand what you mean though and I agree especially that advanced task killer app.

Upvote 0
xaelith miss is a strong word lol off course youve been missed

but as far as android system basically your saying were stuck with the high percentage usage

Exactly. However they wrote the app to give the battery stats, for some reason, it thinks the system is using more of the battery than it probably is. I think part of it has to do with the data antennas, and how they're constantly searching for, and/or keeping tabs on the connection, but even that doesn't explain the 30+% that the stats usually report as being used by the "system".

Upvote 0
This is true but that would be more valid if the task manager your using is always running. Im just talking about simple task managers that you go into to just clear ram or stop a process if you want to. Based on my experience on every android phone ive owned boost or otherwise by me clearing my ram and cache myself instead of waiting for my phone to slow down or reset it helps. But i do understand what you mean though and I agree especially that advanced task killer app.

The reason task killers hurt more than help is simple.

Android caches processes in memory so they can be easily recalled and opened efficiently. As well as having active processes running in the background (like Facebook, words with friends, maps, the phandroid app, etc)

When you use a task killer it kills all of these processes. The ones running actively in the background instantly restart... using extra battery to reload and resume the process.

The cached ones are now gone and when you reopen the app that was previously cached, it now has to reload all its resources just to be opened, again using more battery.

Android internal memory killer determines a minimum amount of ram (generally 90mb) that should be available at any time. If the free ram falls below that predetermined number, android automatically kills enough cached processes to resume 'normal' function.

You run into lag when you have too many ACTIVE processes. (Ones that automatically restart once killed.) You can kill these all day long and they will just come back like the undead...

And while a task killer may give that 'instant gratification' and show you that ram has been 'freed up', if you wait a moment (however long the task killer takes to refresh... sometimes up to a minute :rolleyes: ) you will notice that the ram is quickly eaten up again once the processes resume (and they will resume)

To summerize... task killer bad... android's built in memory management good...

Task killer effectiveness... PLACEBO

http://www.phonedog.com/2011/06/26/the-truth-about-android-task-killers-and-why-you-don-t-need-them/

http://lifehacker.com/5650894/andro...ed-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

Upvote 0
Probably not soon, we havnt even started on it yet. We're rounding up ideas and im not gonna work on it during the holidays so maybe in january.

Need any ideas to start. I personally like cm7's feature while ur listening to music and the screen is off just tap volume to turn up and hold it to change song. i listen to music alot so that feature would b handy

Upvote 0
Hey all it appears I've been gone for a bit!! Lol Hope everyone had a good holiday!! And I've got a few more questions. And please let me tell you I've just went absolutely nuts pushing buttons!! Lol I'm supprised this phone still holds up like a trooper cause I've done so much to it!!

Anyways ofcourse I was playing around with some dialer codes and I also found an app that seeks out allthe hidden codes and let's you review what other users say they do nd its sweet!!lmao!! But I've noticed their are so many options we don't have access to!! My phone froze looking at gsm/cdma settings,the radio had wcdma options,I pushed something that made my wifi and 3g symbol stay at the top of my screen together for the longest time,and I found an option for gateway 2 and I'm not positive if I know what it for?? Can anyone give me a hand here and possibly tell me about some things I mighta missed??

Upvote 0
in the absence of 6.1 do you know of any ICS-ish themes / system tweaks, we can toy with until the new update good sir? =]

The creators of Pimp my ROM just released a new app in the android market called of course Pimp My Rom which allows various system tweaks but be carefully it can be deadly:rolleyes:. As for themes other than the ICS theme we have here for MegaTron no, we have no more themes like that unless your into Black & White, green, or pink/purple. I promise the ICS theme & System will be taken to a whole new level that you could trick your friends into thinking that your running Legit 4.0 OS.
#Duces:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
The creators of Pimp my ROM just released a new app in the android market called of course Pimp My Rom which allows various system tweaks but be carefully it can be deadly:rolleyes:. As for themes other than the ICS theme we have here for MegaTron no, we have no more themes like that unless your into Black & White, green, or pink/purple. I promise the ICS theme & System will be taken to a whole new level that you could trick your friends into thinking that your running Legit 4.0 OS.
#Duces:smokingsomb:

all we gotta do is wait and eventually we may really have 4.0 lol not soon but someday there are phones out that are start to match the TU's build

Upvote 0
Probably not soon, we havnt even started on it yet. We're rounding up ideas and im not gonna work on it during the holidays so maybe in january.

Alright chev I want the best new update to make it where our tus have a projection keyboard and a 3d display and um able to have battery life for 10 days and um a app that gives you the beverage of your choice when u tip the phone over a glass oh and a button that every time one presses it they get one dollar out of nowhere and you get 2.... Ill be waiting for it

Upvote 0
Alright chev I want the best new update to make it where our tus have a projection keyboard and a 3d display and um able to have battery life for 10 days and um a app that gives you the beverage of your choice when u tip the phone over a glass oh and a button that every time one presses it they get one dollar out of nowhere and you get 2.... Ill be waiting for it

sounds like the specs for the next ipad. better be careful with ur request... apple might sue u for copyright infringement!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones