• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {DISCONTINUED}MegaTron 6.2.5 (Updated 7/13/13)

Update to 6.0.1
An OTA Update will be pushed to your devices soon. To Get it now, Reboot your Phone And you should get a Update notification saying 6.0.1 is available read the change log then download it. Please note that it will Format your data so back it up!!
The links in the thread hasnt been updated yet so OTA is you only option.

Reactions: vmed
Upvote 0
yes i meant skip it and its not recommended that you restore previous data as it might cause problems but you can go ahead and still try.

I think his question is: are backups made with the previous version if cwm compatible with the current version. Ie 'if i make a backup, update cwm, and attempt to restore that backup, will it be successful?'

Upvote 0
Update to 6.0.1
An OTA Update will be pushed to your devices soon. To Get it now, Reboot your Phone And you should get a Update notification saying 6.0.1 is available read the change log then download it. Please note that it will Format your data so back it up!!
The links in the thread hasnt been updated yet so OTA is you only option.

Does this format the sd card or the entire thing?

Upvote 0
Does this format the sd card or the entire thing?

Chev is saying that it will format the /data partition n your phone.

I checked around for the new OC kernel and couldn't find it. Can anybody help me find it?

There is no OC kernel currently available for use with Megatron. Mavrikmeercat is working on one, though, and says it'll be out in about a week (depending on his schedule).

Upvote 0
Removed Apk's

heres a Zip of all the Removed apk's from the ROM, if you see something thats missing from the ROM and the List, it means you can get it from the market.
RemovedApk's.zip
Download it and anything you want to add back to the ROM use a Root explorer and place the app in /system/app then tap on it to install and reboot. Better instructions coming soon.

Upvote 0
do i need to update O_O i mean im on boost and i haven't found a single problem with 6.0.0 yet? i ave all sounds i used xaelith baseband update... so far im peachy n the rom is smooth
shot_000010.png

Upvote 0
do i need to update O_O i mean im on boost and i haven't found a single problem with 6.0.0 yet? i ave all sounds i used xaelith baseband update... so far im peachy n the rom is smooth
shot_000010.png

Your good then man, just so you know you'll keep getting that OTA update every 12 hours or so till you update it. You can disable it in the goo manager app settings but then you wouldnt know when a newer update is out until you enable it back or visit the thread. I dont think a update will be out anytime soon. Besides you should probably say on 6.0 thoses download speeds looks great;)

Upvote 0
Your good then man, just so you know you'll keep getting that OTA update every 12 hours or so till you update it. You can disable it in the goo manager app settings but then you wouldnt know when a newer update is out until you enable it back or visit the thread. I dont think a update will be out anytime soon. Besides you should probably say on 6.0 thoses download speeds looks great;)
lol yah and its every 24 hours i already changed the settings lol
i love your and mavriks work man :p
EDIT: i mean its on boot only lol

BTW PPL DONATE TO MEGARTRON!!! they would appreciate it, its fast and easy :) donate link on front page

Reactions: mavrikmeercat
Upvote 0
so far i had a few force closes while trying to play videos online, in some of the games i play first thing that comes on is (Cannot play video) then the game comes on w/o the animation ... 2 times during the day i had a black screen like the phone was off but the menu,home,back and search key were light up, had to pull the battery to get it to work again ... and the last thing while trying to download the update , the downloading process bar disappear @ about 46% and never downloaded the update ... did i restore apps from titanium ? no, all my apps are fresh and followed everything step by step

Upvote 0
so far i had a few force closes while trying to play videos online, in some of the games i play first thing that comes on is (Cannot play video) then the game comes on w/o the animation ... 2 times during the day i had a black screen like the phone was off but the menu,home,back and search key were light up, had to pull the battery to get it to work again ... and the last thing while trying to download the update , the downloading process bar disappear @ about 46% and never downloaded the update ... did i restore apps from titanium ? no, all my apps are fresh and followed everything step by step

I'll check out those bugs and can you try re-downloading the update again? There's been over 52 downloads since its been updated 3 or 4 hours ago. Try it again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones