• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid 2 question

jnm

Lurker
Nov 3, 2010
hi

I just got a dorid 2, the back of if just above the battery gets very hot when i am using the phone. just wondering if that is ok. Also the battery seems to get low very quick?

This is my first dorid and i am just wondering if that normal if the back of of it to get hot.

thank you for the help

Battery drain unfortunately is subjective, much is going to depend on obvious things, usage, talk time, music playing, bluetooth et. all. Turing on and off things like bluetooth, gps, wifi when you dont need them will help. how often you have other email accounts set up to scan for new email will also play alot as well as other things like facebook, other social networking stuff. if your screen is on its brightest setting might want to turn that down. it is now atypical for the battery to get warm during use, but how quickly it cools back down when it isnt is something to pay attention to no doubt. i work nights, i plug my phone in during the day when im sleeping, grab it around 7pm and not on a charger again until 10 or so the next morning with plenty to spare. it will change a bit depending on how much i goof off and play games when i should be working though ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones