• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X priced to sell!

I might not be shipping my phone anywhere else but I will buy some phone from another user here on this forum once I sell mine locally. I'm not going to let some jerk on here ruin it for me. But I would like to see some changes. I like the idea of the feedback system. This might of been a bad first experience but I feel like there are still plenty of honest people on here that I would gladly buy from. Til then good luck to all the others involved in this jerk's evil plot and to androidforums.com and all its honest users. Remember this as a valuable lesson and keep an eye open for jerks like this guy. Take care and be safe.

Did usps send your phone back?

Upvote 0
So it's been over a month, I see this thread is back alive. So I'd like to throw some questions out there because this is nuts!!

1. Why isn't this guy banned yet? Anyone with any common sense can see this is obviously a scammer. I could re-post all the evidence, but honestly just read the progression of this thread. I mean really?

2. Did the guy who gifted his money get his $$ back? I got boned by a guy on e-bay who sold me a phone with a stolen ESN (I felt so stupid) and paypal was not very helpful for me. They claimed he still sent me a phone so they couldn't reverse the charge. I ended up having to do a chargeback on my CC. I don't know if PayPal has changed their policies cause this was way back with a LG Voyager, but I was pretty mad.

Upvote 0
So it's been over a month, I see this thread is back alive. So I'd like to throw some questions out there because this is nuts!!

1. Why isn't this guy banned yet? Anyone with any common sense can see this is obviously a scammer. I could re-post all the evidence, but honestly just read the progression of this thread. I mean really?

2. Did the guy who gifted his money get his $$ back? I got boned by a guy on e-bay who sold me a phone with a stolen ESN (I felt so stupid) and paypal was not very helpful for me. They claimed he still sent me a phone so they couldn't reverse the charge. I ended up having to do a chargeback on my CC. I don't know if PayPal has changed their policies cause this was way back with a LG Voyager, but I was pretty mad.

That was me, and no I can't get it back. I didn't pay with a credit card so there isn't anything I can do. I learned my lesson but I just want the guy banned so no one else will fall into the same trap I did. This guy is a member on a scion forum and did the same thing to a couple members on there over a radio/nav system.

Upvote 0
That was me, and no I can't get it back. I didn't pay with a credit card so there isn't anything I can do. I learned my lesson but I just want the guy banned so no one else will fall into the same trap I did. This guy is a member on a scion forum and did the same thing to a couple members on there over a radio/nav system.

Links?

Upvote 0
This makes me want to close the Classifieds section.

I will send a Pm to the user and see what he has to say.

Nooo....yeah this makes it harder for the rest of the people honest on here trying to really sell their phones. :mad:

Even though this is definitely not looking, I really do hope that it turns out and they get their money back... because being scammed is just like the worst.

Upvote 0
99% of the members in here are legit but even graigslist has it's bad apples.

Yeah I dont really like craigslist. I posted my evo on craigslist and a lady said she was interested and we made arrangements for payment through PayPal and I told her once I receive confirmation through PayPal I 'll send the phone with tracking# if I receive before 5 (if not then it would be shipped next morning with usps). She kept sending me an email saying she sent payment and asking did I ship but it wasn't showing in my actual paypal account so I told her once it's show I can send it. We received a "paypal confirmation email" but when I looked at it I could tell it was fake then I checked paypal. I'm glad I was with my husband because he was ready to go ship the phone and I had to tell him "no sweetie, it's a scam". :mad::mad::mad: It's terrible but it's life.

I actually like using paypal then in person (unless I know them of course) but because Paypal is more secure and safe, now and days craigslist is not even safe. They had on the radio about be careful with craigslist because it's been someone posting something and when the person come to see it they rob them. I just dont like taking the chance.

Upvote 0
Yeah I dont really like craigslist. I posted my evo on craigslist and a lady said she was interested and we made arrangements for payment through PayPal and I told her once I receive confirmation through PayPal I 'll send the phone with tracking# if I receive before 5 (if not then it would be shipped next morning with usps). She kept sending me an email saying she sent payment and asking did I ship but it wasn't showing in my actual paypal account so I told her once it's show I can send it. We received a "paypal confirmation email" but when I looked at it I could tell it was fake then I checked paypal. I'm glad I was with my husband because he was ready to go ship the phone and I had to tell him "no sweetie, it's a scam". :mad::mad::mad: It's terrible but it's life.

I actually like using paypal then in person (unless I know them of course) but because Paypal is more secure and safe, now and days craigslist is not even safe. They had on the radio about be careful with craigslist because it's been someone posting something and when the person come to see it they rob them. I just dont like taking the chance.

If I were to buy/sell a phone on Craigslist, I meet would the buyer/seller at VZW to do the transfer there AFTER the ESN has been cleared by VZW. I've bought and sold other items on craigslist. I'm NRA lifer and concealed carry holder and am ALWAYS packing. I ain't skeert.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones