• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Easy guide to update to Galaxo or GAOSP!

Hi,

You should try fixing the package permissions (it's an option in the recovery) beforehand and if it fails, try it again. It happened to me once and when I tried to apply the .zip again it worked (without rebooting or anything).

Oh, and your English seems to be fine. ;)

Thanks, but I tried it many times and it didn't work. So I installed android 1.5 and then 1.6.3.4 via galaxy updater from Drakaz and it's working :)

Upvote 0
Thanks, but I tried it many times and it didn't work. So I installed android 1.5 and then 1.6.3.4 via galaxy updater from Drakaz and it's working :)

Avoiding the problem usually is the easiest solution. :D

Just curious, why did you install Android 1.5? You already had the custom recovery on your phone (there's an option in it to root your phone). All you had to do from there was to use the Drakaz app. ;)

Or am I misunderstanding?

Upvote 0
First, regarding Nandroid backup - depends on which version of Recovery you're using. In the latest Recovery's you don't overwrite old backups - instead new ones are made - so be sure to delete the old ones (they're using space).

Using "fix package permissions" you won't loose anything, it gives .zip permission to install on your unit (apply any .zip). If you don't give permission some .zip files will not install how they should and you can get errors (FC's), anyway just more frustration then what it should give you.

So no worries. But when you install something you're not sure if will to work (theme's, animations...) make a Nandroid backup before to save you some headache. :p

Upvote 0
Bump! Nobody with a fix for this?
I would really love a new galxo gapps. With a new youtube that works, and the new market also working.
Another thing, is there a way to use the LED Flash when using camcorder? I know it will drain the battery faster, but i think its my choice to make not Samsung's!

I'll try to do a new Gapps for Galaxo, but I've never included the market in any package I've done so I don't know if it's going to work. (Edit: Well it seems a little bit more complicated than I thought, maybe someone else will have the spare time and will to do it. Plus I don't think there's such a big need for it. Sorry. ;))

And for the LED flash with the camcorder, I've done it before. I installed Moment Flash, started it and then started recording my video. Maybe it can be done with other camera applications, but I never tried.

Upvote 0
Well i have the same,but i uninstalled manually the updates so i had it updated. There is a new market for donut, its updating silently on its own. Maybe u didnt got it because u have an "L". Its the froyo like market, with comment in the right sepparate tab, and the "update all" button and the new smart search. The problem is that with this update, the downoads dont start when trying to get apps. Although some said it starts. I got mine updated 3 times, when updating my apps, the market update installed too on its own (new icon too, like the froyo one) and i had to uninstall it manually. The question is, why google released and imposed the update for donut IF it doesnt freaking works!?
Look into it, maybe you have better sources.

Upvote 0
New market works fine, updated 6 apps again this morning without any stalls or problems at all. The problem isn't the market app, but I don't know what it could be.

Titanium backup lists my Market version as 2.12, it's definitely the new version, I now get an "update all" button in the downloaded apps. Never had a problem with it.

Upvote 0
I will try it again, the problem is that i can get it to update by itself again now! :)) Maybe the phone "learned" that i dont want the new update haha. I`ll let my market open for some time maybe it will update by itself eventualy.\
PS: Do you guys get an gaaps error like 20 seconds after exiting market?
How many versions of gapps are for galaxo 1.6.3.4 are? Maybe someone can link me.
PS2: Do you have any idea on how to timestamp the photos i make with the camera?

Upvote 0
Hello guyz!

I'm stuck in the fast boot step. When I initiate the fast boot by clicking the call and turn on/off button, i press enter "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" in the cmd and appears an error message saying that adbwinapi.dll is missing.

What can i do?

Welcome to the forums. ;)

Did you install the Android SDK on your computer? Check this part of the guide:

You’re going to need those files:

The Android SDK: Download the Android SDK | Android Developers

(...)

I suggest saving all of those to the same place, to avoid confusion.
Start by placing the “android-sdk-windows” folder to the root of your C drive. The place doesn’t really matter, but you’ll have to type the path into a command prompt later, so if you follow my example, place it in the root of your C drive.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums. ;)

Did you install the Android SDK on your computer? Check this part of the guide:
I already solved my problem. i dunno if it was the best way. I download the sdk.zip, and then i started the SDK manager and that started installing some packages. After that i went to standard tools(i think it's that name) and there it was the adbWinappi.dll. So i moved the file to the folder that was in C, in the sub-folder tools of the sdk folder. And that solved my problem.

My question is i didn't download the sdk.exe, that was my problem?

Another question: In the phone the firmware version says 1.6 - Galaxy v1.6.3.3. That shouldn't be version 2.2 instead of 1.6?

Upvote 0
Tks for the fast answer!

You all use that gaosp 2.2 version? Do you think is better than this one? Is it stable?

Cheers

I think a lot of users now use GAOSP 2.2, but I still use Galaxo 1.6.3.4.

Unless you want to spend a lot of time messing around with your phone, I suggest you use the latest Galaxo and stick with it until the next GAOSP beta is released.

Others might disagree though. ;)

EDIT: Also I've always thought that Galaxo was more stable and faster.

Reactions: luisxavier
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones