• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root EVO_Radio_2.15.00.08.08: Flash Procedure

My OCD is forcing me to get an answer to the following question before flashing this new radio: Do I have to rename the radio zip file to 'PC36IMG.zip' before flashing? Or can I just move it to my SD and flash it with the name it came with 'EVO_Radio_2.15.00.08.08'? I'm using Amon RA 2.3.
I answered this over on XDA, but I'll say it once more: you don't have to rename the file - it's designed to be flashed in Recovery, not the bootloader, so it doesn't matter what it's named.

Upvote 0
another question, should i update my radio even if im flashed to metro? will it increase my signal too?

sorry no one has posted an answer to your question. i'm not 100% on this as i'm not flashed on to metro, but i believe that you should be ok flashing radios when your on metro. you might need to redo the mms and data scripts again depending on what rom you are on.

just make sure to make a nandroid backup with wimax backed up and saved to your computer before you flash any radios. flashing radios is a good way to loose your wimax keys, not that you will ever use them as you are on metro, but you never know.

Upvote 0
sorry no one has posted an answer to your question. i'm not 100% on this as i'm not flashed on to metro, but i believe that you should be ok flashing radios when your on metro. you might need to redo the mms and data scripts again depending on what rom you are on.

just make sure to make a nandroid backup with wimax backed up and saved to your computer before you flash any radios. flashing radios is a good way to loose your wimax keys, not that you will ever use them as you are on metro, but you never know.

Thanx for replying. I guess you're right, it doesn't hurt to try :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones