• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite football (NFL) teams?

Wow. Did you really just say Tim Tebow is like Brett Favre??? FAIL.

Is he there now? Not even close. Does he share a lot of similar characteristics? Yes.

First of all, the kid's a winner and a competitor. Brett Favre was not a prototypical QB in any way... Just like Tebow. A lot of people think you have to fit into a certain mold to be a good NFL QB. Let's ask Brady Quinn how fitting into that mold has worked out for his sorry ass :D

My main motivation for pulling for him is all the people that think intelligence, determination and drive are somehow overrated traits. :rolleyes:

Come back to this tread in 3-5 years so I can say "told ya!" ;)

Upvote 0
Is he there now? Not even close. Does he share a lot of similar characteristics? Yes.

First of all, the kid's a winner and a competitor. Brett Favre was not a prototypical QB in any way... Just like Tebow. A lot of people think you have to fit into a certain mold to be a good NFL QB. Let's ask Brady Quinn how fitting into that mold has worked out for his sorry ass :D

My main motivation for pulling for him is all the people that think intelligence, determination and drive are somehow overrated traits. :rolleyes:

Those aren't, but he and his arm are. Lol. Tim the snake tebow. Lol.

Upvote 0
if you haven't had a chance to watch The Brady 6 documentary on ESPN, i suggest you do.

i think Tebow has the physical ability and the mental dedication to become a VERY good QB in the NFL. much of this will be dependent on the OCs that he plays for and the veteran QBs that are brought in to mentor him. he may not ever be able to chuck it like Farve, but in the right offensive scheme, his arm will be a non-factor.

i say this as a Charger fan. i don't say much good about Broncos, at any time, but think this kid has the intangibles to be quite successful.

Upvote 0
He may be a hard worker, he may be a great leader and he might be the smartest dude but he just doesn't have the mechanics to be an elite QB, like Favre was. The Broncos have a better chance of winning with Orton. Plain and simple. How many great college QBs weren't able to transition into the NFL? I will admit though, the media hating on him is annoying.

The kid can still be a contributer to the team and he can definitely play football.

Upvote 0
Lmao. I love delusion fans.

Did you notice that Miami lost it's best QB (Ronnie Brown)

I think Tebow will make a good QB because of his dedication. He will be great!

Upvote 0
What you thought about QB's stopped being relevant when you said that romo was better than any QB Miamis ever had. lol.

He never said EVER. I think he was referring to every QB since Marino...and I'd say that's accurate. I think the Dolphins should find a guy like Troy Smith who could run a wide variety of offenses until they figure out who they are offensively.

But I'm biased... I'd love to see him get a shot somewhere else. How do you come in for an injured Alex Smith with a 1 win, 5 loss team and then get benched after winning the majority of the games you started?...only to watch Alex screw it up again LOL.

Plus, if Troy went to Miami...that would make Henne cry. He'd lose to Troy Smith yet again :D

Upvote 0
He never said EVER. I think he was referring to every QB since Marino...and I'd say that's accurate. I think the Dolphins should find a guy like Troy Smith who could run a wide variety of offenses until they figure out who they are offensively.

But I'm biased... I'd love to see him get a shot somewhere else. How do you come in for an injured Alex Smith with a 1 win, 5 loss team and then get benched after winning the majority of the games you started?...only to watch Alex screw it up again LOL.

Plus, if Troy went to Miami...that would make Henne cry. He'd lose to Troy Smith yet again :D

As long as thats what he mean, I can agree with him. If not...well...LULZ.

Upvote 0
Denver Broncos, FTW.

Not a chance to get to the playoffs however. New coaching staff , not enough talent. Knowshone can't carry the load , and their recivering core is average at best. Defense might be ok with dumervile back. Orton is an ok QB, but will never lead a team to a championship. Tebow? haha yea right.

Of course all of the above is just my opinion, take with a grain of salt. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones