• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fed Ex lost my HTC Incredible

wow almost this exact thing happened to me.
The fedex guy left the phone at my neighbors (thank god i know them and theyre cool)

Note** i have 2 door bells, one really loud one and one even louder that goes through the intercom system through the whole house. I called off work to wait for 2 phone and the driver didnt even try to ring the door bell. he just left a note.

Calling fedex does nothing, they are worse than VZW when it comes to knowing whats going on.

at least the fedex driver is admitting the fault, you still have a chance. You could just take your neighbor to small claims court since they have property that was addressed to you. that would probably take longer than just waiting for another backordered phone.

goodluck man.

Upvote 0
Call FedEx every day. I'm serious.

Last year, they delivered a package across town to a completely wrong address. I called them every single day for two weeks and they kept saying, "Oh, yeah, we'll pick it up and redeliver tomorrow."

Frankly, I give FedEx an "F" for customer service. Keep calling. Don't trust that they'll do ANYTHING without you calling and telling them to.

Best of luck. I'd probably stand outside the neighbor's house, knocking for 30 minutes, and if they won't answer, leave them a nice note stating that you've filed a claim with FedEx but you'd love to be able to get the package back without having to go through them. Then, perhaps, a less nice note saying that they're in possession of stolen merchandise.

Upvote 0
The police officer didn't sound very helpful, lol... Typical.

The cop was right, it's not misdemeanor theft... it's actually a felony to tamper with mail that does not belong to you.

As I and others mentioned above keep contact with fedex, call them every day, and if they don't seem to be taking you seriously or they take too long, that's when I would contact the police. Fedex is the one who made the mistaken delivery so really it's all on Fedex at this point. Don't take no for an answer because sometimes people will offer as little help as possible just to see you give up and leave them alone. Fedex should be of help and I doubt it will go so far as to needing police involvement.

Upvote 0
Well, it's 8:28 am here and my local Fed Ex office opens at 9 am. I will call then a begin to raise a little hell. I couldn't sleep at all last night. I was running late to work this morning so I didn't stop by the neighbor's house this morning. But, I saw three vehicles there. So, I doubt there was any babysitter yesterday.

I was trying to be calm and nice yesterday, but today will be different. Wish me luck.

Upvote 0
The cop was right, it's not misdemeanor theft... it's actually a felony to tamper with mail that does not belong to you.

FedEx isn't the mail. If they open a package intended for someone else, they've unlawfully converted property if they keep the contents (as compared to handing it to the rightful owner).

Opening something sent via the US Postal Service is a felony. Unless of course you are able to prove it was unintended (such as getting someone else's letter in your mail and opening it before you realize it's not for you).

Sadly, the cop was right, there really isn't anything they can do at this point. They will allow Fed Ex to complete its own investigation and after that, if Fed Ex needs them to get involved, they will. But they have to be the ones to initiate that :(

Upvote 0
FedEx isn't the mail. If they open a package intended for someone else, they've unlawfully converted property if they keep the contents (as compared to handing it to the rightful owner).

Opening something sent via the US Postal Service is a felony. Unless of course you are able to prove it was unintended (such as getting someone else's letter in your mail and opening it before you realize it's not for you).

Sadly, the cop was right, there really isn't anything they can do at this point. They will allow Fed Ex to complete its own investigation and after that, if Fed Ex needs them to get involved, they will. But they have to be the ones to initiate that :(

If, at any time during its delivery process it crossed state lines you could be charged with Theft From an Interstate Shipment, also a federal offense. This includes private shipments from UPS, fedex, etc.

Like I said before, (in multiple posts now, lol, please read), police involvement is not likely to happen. Fedex is the one to deal with, and then they will be dealing with the police if Fedex cannot resolve the issue. Stealing is a crime, period.

Upvote 0
If, at any time during its delivery process it crossed state lines you could be charged with Theft From an Interstate Shipment, also a federal offense. This includes private shipments from UPS, fedex, DHL, et
Like I said before, (in multiple posts now, lol, please read), police involvement is highly unlikely. Fedex is the one to deal with, and then they will be dealing with the police if Fedex cannot resolve the issue. Stealing is a crime, period.

Who would have jurisdiction for that? Although I agree that you shouldn't run to the shipping cops yet.

Upvote 0
I called Fed Ex and spoke with a supervisor. I started off calm and then it got tense. The bottom line is the driver is in trouble, the superivsor is sending the driver out to the house after his "priority" packages are delivered (he said he can't have 20 late packages to make up for one already a day late) and that the driver will go back every hour until the package is picked up and delivered to my workplace. If they cannot get the package back for me today, they will handle the claim to get my phone replaced.

Now, I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. If they can't get my package back today, I'll call Verizon and Fed Ex on a conference call to see about getting a replacement ASAP. I do not want to wait another month for the phone.

Upvote 0
I called Fed Ex and spoke with a supervisor. I started off calm and then it got tense. The bottom line is the driver is in trouble, the superivsor is sending the driver out to the house after his "priority" packages are delivered (he said he can't have 20 late packages to make up for one already a day late) and that the driver will go back every hour until the package is picked up and delivered to my workplace. If they cannot get the package back for me today, they will handle the claim to get my phone replaced.

Now, I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. If they can't get my package back today, I'll call Verizon and Fed Ex on a conference call to see about getting a replacement ASAP. I do not want to wait another month for the phone.

That's good to hear. It sounds like you are really being mature about the whole thing considering the long wait. :) I hope you don't have to wait that long for a replacement though!!

Upvote 0
This is nuts. I'd go to the neighbors and wait until I talk to someone and wouldn't leave until I had it back in my hands. They have something of yours, take the matter into your hands and get it back.

As much as I think we would all be tempted to do this, it's really not advisable.

While the police can't do anything to help you get your phone back, they CAN arrest you for trespassing and harassing your neighbors.

Not to mention that he doesn't know these people. They might be sweet as pie or mean as hell. No sense in him going over there and getting shot over a phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones