• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fed Ex lost my HTC Incredible

As much as I think we would all be tempted to do this, it's really not advisable.

While the police can't do anything to help you get your phone back, they CAN arrest you for trespassing and harassing your neighbors.

Not to mention that he doesn't know these people. They might be sweet as pie or mean as hell. No sense in him going over there and getting shot over a phone.

Exactly. And I also work for most of the day. So, I can't just camp out all day. The funny thing is that I was forced to eat at work today in case Fed Ex came by while I am at lunch. So far, no response. I have a feeling there won't be until after everyone has their lunch. I'm going to call back around 1 pm if I haven't heard anything. Stay tuned.

Upvote 0
We all know FedEx sucks, but I wonder how much Verizon had to do with it. While there are lots of great folks in Verizon's customer service there are also some major idiots so I can only imagine how many are spread throughout the other offices and warehouses...

About two years ago I ordered a phone for my mom. She never received it and I called back to find out the problem. They said "You live in New York right?" Uh no...we still live in PA like we always have. Oh well somebody signed for your phone in NY. OK so how did that happen? Verizon sent me a new one, but only after trying to make me pay more since only the "Platinum Edition" phones were left. I got pissed off so they gave me a Platinum one for no additional charge.

Then yesterday I got a package marked "Urgent" from FedEx while I was at work. It was a cellphone from Verizon, but it wasn't my Droid Incredible. It was some cheap LG flip camera phone. Not only that, but the invoice was for some woman at a different company in New York! I called customer service last night. The woman put me on hold and then hung up on me so I'm guessing Verizon really isn't too concerned about getting the phone back. I'll try again tonight.

Anyway, I share your pain of having to wait for my Incredible which will be my first Android phone!

Upvote 0
So, whoever said Fed Ex wasn't going to be too helpful was correct. I called the supervisor back and he said, "To be honest with you, I've been inaccessible all morning with an audit. I haven't been in contact with the courier yet." He said he would contact the driver and call me back. Unfortunately, I can only call about every couple of hours since I'm at work. I'll keep calling back when I can, but I will see about getting Verizon on the line next.

Upvote 0
Here is the resolution (so far). Fed Ex went back and the girl that signed for the package now says she didn't sign for it. So, Fed Ex will submit a claim to their security division and send someone from Dallas to the other resident's house to interogate them. They said charges could be brought against the girl. I said, "Could be?!?! I insist there be charges filed!"

I then called Verizon and their stance is that it's all Fed Ex's fault and it's up to them to buy me a new phone. I asked if my current service with AT&T would be cut off now that Verizon considers the package delivered. The Verizon rep said that would be up to AT&T, but it was her experience that they would before the next billing cycle. However, if Fed Ex paid for the new phone I wouldn't have to wait another month for it. Said the stolen phone will not be able to be activated. If anyone tries to, they will be notified they are attempting to activate a stolen phone.

I called AT&T and they called Verizon liars. The rep said Verizon controls when the AT&T service would be stopped after the port over. She said they probably would send notification to stop service if they already delivered the package. The rep was quick to tell me about the HTC Aria phone they just received this week. Never heard of it.

So, I called Fed Ex back to let them know I'm probably going to be without service by the end of the week. They will call me back this afternoon to let me know how long the claim process will take. I'm so upset at this point. I haven't been able to work and my boss got onto me awhile ago for being on the phone too long.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

Reactions: jamor
Upvote 0
Hello, this is FedEx LaShelia. I apologize on behalf of our courier regarding your mis-delivered phone. I am hopeful that the people at the other address will be honest and return the package back to us. If we are
unsuccessful at its recovery, you were advised correctly, we will then work a claims w/ your shipper, Verizon. Claims are normally handled within 5-7 business days after claims and supporting documentation have
been received. I apologize again for the inconvenience caused and assure you we will do our best in trying to rectify and or to settle this matter as quickly as possible.

Upvote 0
Hello, this is FedEx LaShelia. I apologize on behalf of our courier regarding your mis-delivered phone. I am hopeful that the people at the other address will be honest and return the package back to us. If we are
unsuccessful at its recovery, you were advised correctly, we will then work a claims w/ your shipper, Verizon. Claims are normally handled within 5-7 business days after claims and supporting documentation have
been received. I apologize again for the inconvenience caused and assure you we will do our best in trying to rectify and or to settle this matter as quickly as possible.

Thanks for responding LaShelia because the person that was supposed to call me back hasn't yet. I have no faith the people that have my phone will return it. And even if they do, what guarantees do I have that they haven't mishandled it in some way? I kept expecting to receive my package already opened today.

I am upset with Fed Ex, but mostly with the driver. I never posted it here but I told the supervisor at my local branch that the driver said it was time for him to get off work so he wouldn't do anything else until the next day. That's what really ticked me off. I know he won't get fired for his blunder, but I want someone to pay for this error. Hopefully, the girl that took the phone will get sent to jail.

Upvote 0
why does all of this stink of troll.

Why would you even suggest that?

I had FedEx deliver my package to my neighbors last week (was the Droid Incredible I won from the Phone-a-day contest) and immediately called them the next day and they started a "trace" on the package. I was able to recover it myself but FedEx did send a letter to my neighbors inquiring about the package and the courier even came to apologize to us.

We all make mistakes, it's a fact of life.

Upvote 0
why does all of this stink of troll.

I promise you this is all true. My initial post was just me trying to see if I should wait it out for another DINC or if there was another phone I could be happy with. But like others told me and even my wife, I would not be happy with another phone. I did too much research and bypassed the iPhone, all the other HTC phones, Google Nexus One, and Moto Droid phones to decide not to stick with the DINC.

I plan on seeing this through to the end. I want my DINC!

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding LaShelia because the person that was supposed to call me back hasn't yet. I have no faith the people that have my phone will return it. And even if they do, what guarantees do I have that they haven't mishandled it in some way? I kept expecting to receive my package already opened today.

I am upset with Fed Ex, but mostly with the driver. I never posted it here but I told the supervisor at my local branch that the driver said it was time for him to get off work so he wouldn't do anything else until the next day. That's what really ticked me off. I know he won't get fired for his blunder, but I want someone to pay for this error. Hopefully, the girl that took the phone will get sent to jail.

Before you go and get too excited about Ms. LaSheila's post, keep in mind that this is her ONLY post. Ever. Do you really think Fed Ex is going to log into a random Android Forum, find the one post about Fed Ex screwing up, make a new account and then post to apologize to you?

Even if she was legit, how could she help you. She doesn't know who the hell you are. And whatever you do... DO NOT send her any personal information. Sounds like she might be fishing for your account information.

Hate to break it to you, but she's what we call a Troll :( Just ignore her.

Upvote 0
Why would you even suggest that?

I had FedEx deliver my package to my neighbors last week (was the Droid Incredible I won from the Phone-a-day contest) and immediately called them the next day and they started a "trace" on the package. I was able to recover it myself but FedEx did send a letter to my neighbors inquiring about the package and the courier even came to apologize to us.

We all make mistakes, it's a fact of life.

I think they were calling Troll on the "fed ex rep", not the OP.

Which is exactly what I am doing.

Upvote 0
Ever since the big controversy with the guy who jumped into a pool to save a drowning kid (with an Incredible in his pocket), ruined his phone, and posted a pay pal account for people to donate money (which they did), people have been very skeptical.

Well I highly doubt this guy would ask for money. I too hate posts similar to the pool one, but this one is very believable, especially because of what I just went through last week in a very similar situation. This guy can go through the proper channels to get his Droid Inc so he won't need any help or money from us; he's just venting out his frustration.

As far as the FedEx rep goes - she's probably legit. A lot of companies watch various forums and discussions to help any customers in need, particularly those with problems. It's not unusual as we've seen from the Seidio rep (and I've seen reps elsewhere as well)

EDIT: You can hit up the FedEx rep on her twitter too! http://twitter.com/fedexlashelia

Upvote 0
I would try to contact this babysitter through the people living there and infrom her she could be brought up on charges and that they have her signature as well as the driver's statement eye-witness account. Then tell her if she gives it back in acceptable condition, no harm done.

Offering amnesty can go a long way.

Upvote 0
I only said it because of this thread 1st off you should have pounded on the door or rang the doorbell until someone answered, Especially if you heard voices. I mean you have been waiting for quite a while, Then another thread is opened about a guy who never ordered a dinc but came home and his "babysitter" gave him one that had been delivered, Then here just so happens to be a fedexlasheila with one post who somehow found these forums and knew his shipment was a dinc? come on people.

Upvote 0
Before you go and get too excited about Ms. LaSheila's post, keep in mind that this is her ONLY post. Ever. Do you really think Fed Ex is going to log into a random Android Forum, find the one post about Fed Ex screwing up, make a new account and then post to apologize to you?

Even if she was legit, how could she help you. She doesn't know who the hell you are. And whatever you do... DO NOT send her any personal information. Sounds like she might be fishing for your account information.

Hate to break it to you, but she's what we call a Troll :( Just ignore her.

I see what you are saying. Don't worry. I would never give out my personal info on a message board. My local Fed Ex branch has the info they need. I just wanted someone from Fed Ex to let me know how long the process would take.

Upvote 0
I only said it because of this thread 1st off you should have pounded on the door or rang the doorbell until someone answered,

Depending on where you live, that's a not so tactful idea. Where I used to live, you could get a gun put to your face and told to leave for trespassing.

Then here just so happens to be a fedexlasheila with one post who somehow found these forums and knew his shipment was a dinc? come on people.

That Fedex person has their own twitter where they seem to have been doing this a while.

Upvote 0
As far as the FedEx rep goes - she's probably legit. A lot of companies watch various forums and discussions to help any customers in need, particularly those with problems. It's not unusual as we've seen from the Seidio rep (and I've seen reps elsewhere as well)

Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. But with only 1 post under her belt, I doubt it. If she was just watching the forums she would have seen many of the other Fed Ex threads and responded to those, too.

I am just saying, be careful. IF she asks for any personal information, don't give it to her. Deal directly with your local Fed Ex and/or Fed Ex Corporate.

Upvote 0
I think FedExLaSheila could very well be legit. Most big companies have someone who sits at the computer and googles their company name all day long to see what is being said. When they come across negative comments, they do their best to rectify the situation. I'm sure it's well within their limits to create a user name simply for this purpose. Ever hear about the guy on Twitter who said he was just offered a job for a big name company (don't remember which) and didn't know if he should accept a crappy but well paying job an hour away? Someone at the company responded almost instantly to ask who he was.

Edit: But yes, you should always be careful about giving your personal info away on the computer...regardless of the situation.

Upvote 0
Depending on where you live, that's a not so tactful idea. Where I used to live, you could get a gun put to your face and told to leave for trespassing.

I see what you mean there, Guessing though that if they have babysitters then they have children and hopefully there not packing heat.

That Fedex person has their own twitter where they seem to have been doing this a while./QUOTE said:
Still fishy... and not to difficult to make fake accounts
(only 1 post. 1.)

Upvote 0
I see what you mean there, Guessing though that if they have babysitters then they have children and hopefully there not packing heat.

I admit the chances of anything going wrong are slim, but it's still not worth the risk.

My parents had guns in the home while we were kids. We learned about gun safety from a VERY early age. I'm a 27 year old female who lives in a pretty crime free area and I own 3 handguns (and several rifle's and shotguns). Plus I have a conceal carry permit. If you saw me on the street, you would never in a million years guess that I have a gun strapped to my pants :D

You just never know. And you really can't be too careful. People can be insane, especially if they feel threatened.

And beyond all of that, he has to live by these people. I wouldn't go around pissing off my neighbors (even if I do suspect they are theives) knowing that they are right around the corner. That's a good way to end up with smashed windows and slashed tires.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones