1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

firewall app ? for mobile phone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by radiofa, Jan 3, 2012.

1. radiofa

radiofa Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    hi i posted this ? here yesterday but it seems to have been taken off im not sure as to why though. ? being i have the samsung galexy europa and was wandering what is the best free firewall i can put on my phone i have avg anti virus but that doesent have a firewall its just anti virus hope some 1 can help me thx if the reason my thread was removed because i posted in wrong forum can u tell me please thx you.

Advertisement

2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    Retired
    Virginia
  3. radiofa

radiofa Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    yes thats it but is this easy to set up as i dont want to go through all this rooting or what it is ive heared just a nice easy firewall set up u know. but still not sure why this ? got removed wen i posted it yesterday id like to know the reason 4 that if any one knows here.

4. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    Retired
    Virginia
    I do not use a firewall so I do not know how easy it is to set up. Looks pretty straight forward from the screen shots. You can always uninstall it from the phone if it is to much for you.

Maybe you posted yesterday in a different thread. You can check on the main page of the forum. Top left there is a green bar that says "Favorite Forums"

Chick on Threads and you will see everything you have posted.

5. radiofa

radiofa Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    no i defo posted it here but looks like the moderators removed it yet i cant think why as it was just a streight 4 ward ? but thx for your help though

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    None of your posts were removed by us. I remember the thread, I was the guy that responded -

http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/476347-whats-best-firewall-app-samsung-galexy-europa.html

Here are the two posts -

Unless you have two accounts you were hit by a bug that we're working on. We have a new servers for our website to get rid of some of the lag and other issues users have reported. Yesterday or so, the system stalled (no one could get in) due to a kind of soft-crash - when the site developers restarted it, a few posts/threads got cross-wired between users.

Whenever anything mysterious happens like this, please either PM one of mods (always ok to PM me), hit a report button to the left of one of your posts, or ask us over here -

http://androidforums.com/private-chat-staff/

I promise we hate these sort of mysteries as much as you do and will gladly track this sort of thing down. :)

We sincerely apologize for the confusion.

radiofa and El Presidente like this.
  7. radiofa

radiofa Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    thx you so much for replying i did not know about this until u said ill certinely pm you if i see such activety as this again ignore the bit i said about mods maybe removeing the thread as since u have bought this to my attetion i can see what the problem was now again thx you so much for telling me im b=very very greatful. and i will try that app 4 my android phone not sure how to do thr root thing im ok on desktop pc with programmes and software but i will give it a go thx u very much again.

EarlyMon likes this.
  8. radiofa

radiofa Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    ment to say i only have the 1 account as im what they call a newbie if ive got that right but again thx you very much for getting back to me means a lot thx guys.

9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
  10. radiofa

radiofa Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    hi again thx 4 replying there it says that root programme only works on android 2.1 my samsung galexy europa version is 2.2

11. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Ok, I understand. I think I saw some rooting for 2.2 threads in that same forum, maybe check and let me know.

12. radiofa

radiofa Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    hi i couldent see any thing related to it be honest i think ill leave the rooting thing it looks a bit tricky just a simple firewall if such a programme is there 4 my phone will do be greatful if u could help me further on that thx again to you.

13. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    The only one I know of is that one requiring root. The good news is that they are constantly working on new security software, so maybe searching "firewall" or "anti-virus" or "security" in the Market will turn up something new for you that I'm not familiar with yet. If you don't see anything, maybe drop an email to the developer of your favorite security app and ask them if they have plans on adding it.

I find most developers are really responsive to a nice email request and I've gotten a lot of help (and app improvements) that way.

14. radiofa

radiofa Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    you are so helpful thx you very very much and i look 4 ward to useing this forum avg would be a good start as i know that software very well i have that on my phone u see but it dont have firewall so maybe i could contact grisoft who make avg and enquire about a stand alone firewall again thx you so much for your help.

EarlyMon likes this.
  15. radiofa

radiofa Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    thats av anti virus i ment to say i have. i se avast 4 my home pc and windows firewall on windows 7. but avast on my mobile also uses the rooting thing and droid firewall as well so i think ill contact the makers as i said now and see what they can come up with id rather know my phone is protected u see from hackers.

16. radiofa

radiofa Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    sorry ment to say avg anti virus on phone i ment my mistake there.

17. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Well, without rooting, you have limited options for a firewall. I don't think AVG actually acts as a firewall, but monitors internet activity. I could be wrong, I just don't see how it blocks ports without root.

Another option is App Shield. It's also not a true firewall, but it can make it so apps don't have certain permissions, like internet.

If you do end up rooting, check out LBE Privacy Guard. Not only does it have a firewall, but can block apps from reading contacts, getting location data, etc.

EarlyMon likes this.
  18. radiofa

radiofa Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    ok thx guys i want bother with the firewall for now as carphone warehouse have said the phone is secure as i put anti virus on i want need one on samsung europa but thx again every 1