• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First wave DX production numbers and allocation rumors...

Its not $50 more that money holds a phone for you and its $50 less you have to spend come launch day.

I thought they were talking about the NE2, where you get 50 dollars off the phone, he said they wouldn't move it up five days. Then the other person said pay the 50 dollars more. Then I said I wouldn't pay 50 bucks more for only 5 days.

Maybe I missed something, but it sounds like you are talking about a pre-order correct? I didn't think they were talking about that, but I might have missed something.

Edit: So I guess my point was, that they won't give him his NE2 for 5 days, so he could buy the phone for 200 or wait 5 days and save 50. So it would be saving 50 bucks if he waiting five days.

Upvote 0
I thought they were talking about the NE2, where you get 50 dollars off the phone, he said they wouldn't move it up five days. Then the other person said pay the 50 dollars more. Then I said I wouldn't pay 50 bucks more for only 5 days.

Maybe I missed something, but it sounds like you are talking about a pre-order correct? I didn't think they were talking about that, but I might have missed something.

Edit: So I guess my point was, that they won't give him his NE2 for 5 days, so he could buy the phone for 200 or wait 5 days and save 50. So it would be saving 50 bucks if he waiting five days.

Oh my bad i read it wrong

Upvote 0
i just went by my local vzw store, and the guy told me they are expecting an iPhone launch day type of crowd. they've had several inquiries on the device and he mentioned most people he's talked to dont even care what's on the device, they just want it cuz its a new phone and not the iPhone. he also said, they are getting their shipment in on friday which they are expecting the DX's to be in, and so they would have a better idea on how many recieved. I'm going to check in next week to see how many they recieved, and then decide if i want to wait inline or order online at midnight.

Upvote 0
i just went by my local vzw store, and the guy told me they are expecting an iPhone launch day type of crowd. they've had several inquiries on the device and he mentioned most people he's talked to dont even care what's on the device, they just want it cuz its a new phone and not the iPhone. he also said, they are getting their shipment in on friday which they are expecting the DX's to be in, and so they would have a better idea on how many recieved. I'm going to check in next week to see how many they recieved, and then decide if i want to wait inline or order online at midnight.

Not to doubt what you are saying, but I think that guy is full of crap. I think this phone is awesome, but it will not be a gathering like the iphone, no way. The thing that is pissing me off, is that my Verizon keeps showing the Droid X to people.

Another one of my bosses came in and was talking about it, he wondered if he should go with the Incredible or the X. I told him to go with the Incredible so I wouldn't have to worry about him getting the phone over me. :D

I was shocked though he said the Incredible was in stock at my local store.

Upvote 0
Not to doubt what you are saying, but I think that guy is full of crap. I think this phone is awesome, but it will not be a gathering like the iphone, no way. The thing that is pissing me off, is that my Verizon keeps showing the Droid X to people.

Another one of my bosses came in and was talking about it, he wondered if he should go with the Incredible or the X. I told him to go with the Incredible so I wouldn't have to worry about him getting the phone over me. :D

Yeah i highly doubt it will be anywhere near an iphone launch. If it was that kind of launch i would be very very surprised.

Upvote 0
Yeah i highly doubt it will be anywhere near an iphone launch. If it was that kind of launch i would be very very surprised.

I called my store again to see if they had their shipments in to see how many X's they are going to get. They said they were assured by Motorola they would have enough for the demand, but they did not know currently. She said they have had a lot of call ins asking about it, and she thought a lot of people would be getting one.

Sucky, I was hoping no one at my store had called in. Does it seem like to anyone else the Verizon reps are saying the same thing? Maybe they were all told to say that when someone called, this way it creates my hype.

All I know is I will be pissed if I don't get one on launch day, my world won't be over or anything like that, but I am sick of the phone I am using.

Stupid Razor!!!!

Upvote 0

yea, trust me, i hope he's wrong about this too, but he was the greeter that i spoke too, so he's fielding questions all day long from people and said the droid x is asked about a lot and people are asking when it's launching.....there's been a lot of press on the internet about this device so the general consumer beyond these forums just might be waiting for it to launch as much as we are. i just hope we can all get this on day one!

Upvote 0
Just came back from my local corporate store. The rep was well educated about DX, and very excited about it. Hi said LOT of people were asking about it. They received shipment of 40 units yesterday, and expect more next Wednesday, but hi not sure how many more they'll get.
"Hi"... lol you mean "He" I was so confused there for a second as to what you were trying to say lol. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I called my store again to see if they had their shipments in to see how many X's they are going to get. They said they were assured by Motorola they would have enough for the demand, but they did not know currently. She said they have had a lot of call ins asking about it, and she thought a lot of people would be getting one.

Sucky, I was hoping no one at my store had called in. Does it seem like to anyone else the Verizon reps are saying the same thing? Maybe they were all told to say that when someone called, this way it creates my hype.

All I know is I will be pissed if I don't get one on launch day, my world won't be over or anything like that, but I am sick of the phone I am using.

Stupid Razor!!!!

Yeah thats the exact same thing the rep told me about having plenty of stock to cover all the deman didnt really say if many people were asking about it though so i guess ill have to wait and see on launch day

Upvote 0
that was 100k at launch, not some pre-fill.

forgot to mention, he also said there was an 'update' for the incredible dropping pretty much simultaneously...didn't know if it was 2.2 or not, but was certain that 720p video recording and mobile hotspot were included.

yeah well there is no real concrete number as to how many phones since nothing popped up unlike when the incredible launched so im sure they have more then 100k maybe that was just in that area they had that amount who knows though

Upvote 0
store opens at 9am.. should i get there at say 7am? or 830am?? and there is about 5 corp stores around my area..(los angeles) which store would be the best in terms of less ppl going??(downtown? or say glendale/burbank)

thx.

If the best buy pre-orders fail me (both of them!), which I should find out the 14th, then I'm going to go to the VZW about 15 mins before store opening. Any earlier and I'll feel like an igroupie!

As to which store, I would imagine the suburbs would be a better chance of fewer people.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones