• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Ace (issues)

Hayleywow

Lurker
Aug 8, 2011
Hi Guys

I apologise if this is in the wrong group......

My sister has just been given a Samsung Galaxy Ace. Everything was fine for a couple of days, but now she is having a few issues, first issue was that the phone turned itself off, and couldn't get it back on, without removing the battery. A new issue has come to light today is that the phone seems very unresponsive, quite slow....... We are unable to send phone back..... as friend received it by mistake.

I have been intouch with a few mobile phone repairs, they said it is either an "App" she has downloaded, making the phone crash, or another software problem.

Wondering what you guys think...... and whether a software flash will fix it?

Thanks

Hay

P.S I am getting an Samsung Galaxy S2 tomorrow to replace my Iphone 4 :) I'm hoping this is a good move.......

Hi Guys

I apologise if this is in the wrong group......

My sister has just been given a Samsung Galaxy Ace. Everything was fine for a couple of days, but now she is having a few issues, first issue was that the phone turned itself off, and couldn't get it back on, without removing the battery. A new issue has come to light today is that the phone seems very unresponsive, quite slow....... We are unable to send phone back..... as friend received it by mistake.

I have been intouch with a few mobile phone repairs, they said it is either an "App" she has downloaded, making the phone crash, or another software problem.

Wondering what you guys think...... and whether a software flash will fix it?

Thanks

Hay

P.S I am getting an Samsung Galaxy S2 tomorrow to replace my Iphone 4 :) I'm hoping this is a good move.......

If you have a look on this page you will see this link http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-ace/312084-randomly-turning-off.html

The unresponsive issue is she prolly has apps running away in the background. Download a good task killer from the market place to solve that issue.

The phone shut down is resolved in 2.3.3 but that link will help you understand.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones