1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy Ace (issues)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hayleywow, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Hayleywow

Hayleywow Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    Hi Guys

I apologise if this is in the wrong group......

My sister has just been given a Samsung Galaxy Ace. Everything was fine for a couple of days, but now she is having a few issues, first issue was that the phone turned itself off, and couldn't get it back on, without removing the battery. A new issue has come to light today is that the phone seems very unresponsive, quite slow....... We are unable to send phone back..... as friend received it by mistake.

I have been intouch with a few mobile phone repairs, they said it is either an "App" she has downloaded, making the phone crash, or another software problem.

Wondering what you guys think...... and whether a software flash will fix it?

Thanks

Hay

P.S I am getting an Samsung Galaxy S2 tomorrow to replace my Iphone 4 :) I'm hoping this is a good move.......

Advertisement

2. Gammer

Gammer Android Enthusiast
    None

May 23, 2011
    UK
    If you have a look on this page you will see this link http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-ace/312084-randomly-turning-off.html

The unresponsive issue is she prolly has apps running away in the background. Download a good task killer from the market place to solve that issue.

The phone shut down is resolved in 2.3.3 but that link will help you understand.

3. Hayleywow

Hayleywow Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    So we need to do the latest update thru Kies...... right?

Thanks for your help :)