• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S2 XWLSD JB stops responding, stuck on boot screen

Argjent

Nov 3, 2012
So after a few weeks of using JB Nordic that I flashed, the phone suddenly stopped responding, nothing would do the trick, so I pulled the battery and...bang stuck on boot screen. Then I was forced to do a wipe data from CWM. Then after a day the same thing. This time I did a wipe data and cleared Dalvik Cache. So is cleaning the Dalvik and data ever gonna make a change and not get me stuck, and what and how helpful is Wiping partition cache ?
...Or should I just go and flash JB all over :(

So after a few weeks of using JB Nordic that I flashed, the phone suddenly stopped responding, nothing would do the trick, so I pulled the battery and...bang stuck on boot screen. Then I was forced to do a wipe data from CWM. Then after a day the same thing. This time I did a wipe data and cleared Dalvik Cache. So is cleaning the Dalvik and data ever gonna make a change and not get me stuck, and what and how helpful is Wiping partition cache ?
...Or should I just go and flash JB all over :(

Do a full wipe and a clean install, use Hawkers scripts to clean your phone down if you are rooted , if not clean cache and do a factory /data reset and then flash the ROM, make sure you back up all your data and contacts first

EDIT

Just noted you are rooted so hawkers scripts are the way to go

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2100558

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones