• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread 2.3 was here, then gone, now it's back

When will VZW push a fixed GB OTA

• 10/11/11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10/17/11

• 10/24/11

• 10/31/11

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • 11/07/11

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 11/14/111

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • 11/21/11

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Don't care (rooted already, etc)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Before Christmas

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Never, the lobsters ate all the testers so it got cancelled

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • It isn't coming at all now

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Any minute now

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Immediately after Jimmy Hoffa's body is found

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • The day after the apocalypse

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sometime after the sun goes supernova

Votes: 9 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nothing here.....as usual. I replied on here a while back that my phone has been acting weird & laggy lately...possibly a precursor to getting the update. I'll tell ya what..I have been dropping calls like crazy also....in spots I normally have no problems. I dunno what the heck is going on with it but I hope that it is because of the upcoming update & I hope I get it soon....I think (still not sure I'm going to accept it yet with the problems it's having).

Upvote 0
I've got App2Sd pro to clear all my app cache, which I do just about every other day, yet I still get it. I haven't tried sending mail cache to my sd, so I'll do that and see what changes. It's really frustrating, especially after already deleting many apps and constantly clearing cache with no success. This is privacy the ONLY complaint I have about this phone.

On topic of the update, once you skip it once, does it keep constantly nagging you? I.e. if I'm going to end up rooting. It won't automatically update after a while, will it?

I had the update and I kept pushing install later. It would bug me every other time I used the phone. After about 6 hours of "install later" it quit and now it says my phone is up to date. I'm not sure if it will push again.

Upvote 0
:mad:

Has anyone got it in the last few days? Since like Thursday or Friday? I wonder if they did pull the update to fix their screwup...

No update here either. Me thinks the Dingos have pulled it for now. Also, ran into a friend who received the update on his Incredible and he was complaining about the Out of App space message. He had been deleting apps. I explained it is application space and started walking him through how to pull up the list of running apps and delete the data. Guess what? Gingerbread changes the appearance of the Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Running tab so the "Clear data" button is no longer included on each app's screen. What in the helicopter?!? :thinking:

Upvote 0
My phone asked me to update a week ago. Asked me to Install Now or Install Later. I picked Install Later, rebooted the phone to back up the SD Card and now my update is gone. I've even gone into Settings >> About Phone >> System Updates to check for the update and it keeps telling me my phone is up to date, still running 2.2. I've even done *#*#checkin#*#* on the dial pad and it says "Checkin Succeeded", but still no update.

Maybe eventually it will get pushed to my phone again?

Upvote 0
A while ago I had rooted and ran into problems with a ROM, and so when the update was announced I went back to stock. I understand that having a non-stock recovery will block the update, but if you flash a stock recovery and keep s-off you can return root after the update. My question is - since I'm stock right now and am anticipating the update, could I just obtain s-off with unrevoked forever? It seems silly to go through the trouble of running unrevoked3, then flashing back a stock recovery when the update will overwrite everything except s-off anyhow. There could be something I'm missing, hence my asking. :)

Upvote 0
A while ago I had rooted and ran into problems with a ROM, and so when the update was announced I went back to stock. I understand that having a non-stock recovery will block the update, but if you flash a stock recovery and keep s-off you can return root after the update. My question is - since I'm stock right now and am anticipating the update, could I just obtain s-off with unrevoked forever? It seems silly to go through the trouble of running unrevoked3, then flashing back a stock recovery when the update will overwrite everything except s-off anyhow. There could be something I'm missing, hence my asking. :)

If you want root, just root and flash the rooted form of the update.

Upvote 0

When you unrooted did you flash the s-on file separately? If not, you may still be s-off. But to answer your question, no you cant just run unrevoked forever because you need a custom recovery to load it which means you need root.

Upvote 0
Just saw this on the Verizon support forum:

Thanks everyone for your input. I have seen this issue reported several times and have notified our product team. Once we have a resolution, a software update will be pushed to devices.
MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones