• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread 2.3 was here, then gone, now it's back

When will VZW push a fixed GB OTA

• 10/11/11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10/17/11

• 10/24/11

• 10/31/11

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • 11/07/11

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 11/14/111

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • 11/21/11

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Don't care (rooted already, etc)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Before Christmas

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Never, the lobsters ate all the testers so it got cancelled

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • It isn't coming at all now

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Any minute now

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Immediately after Jimmy Hoffa's body is found

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • The day after the apocalypse

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sometime after the sun goes supernova

Votes: 9 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If someone can tell me how to pull the file off the phone and upload it, I can do that too. I mounted it via USB but can't see anything. Do I need ADB to do that?

Todd

More advanced than I'm capable of... will need to hear from a dev/rom'er/someone with more knowledge than me:(

Thanks for more pics, seeing about getting them added to the article!!

And you ARE famous! You're officially the first person to get GB on the entire internet!!!!

Heck if I know!!
Third base!!

:D
Who?
I don't mean to be off topic, but what will we all due once this forum is gone?
NEVER gonna happen, lol!
Start the "When is Ice Cream Sandwich coming" thread, of course!
:rolleyes:

After this will be the influx of 'Help GB broke my phone, I hate GB, GB sucks!!' So on and so forth, lol

Upvote 0
More advanced than I'm capable of... will need to hear from a dev/rom'er/someone with more knowledge than me:(

Thanks for more pics, seeing about getting them added to the article!!

And you ARE famous! You're officially the first person to get GB on the entire internet!!!!

Heck if I know!!

Who?

NEVER gonna happen, lol!

:rolleyes:

After this will be the influx of 'Help GB broke my phone, I hate GB, GB sucks!!' So on and so forth, lol

Excuse me - who do I notify about back to back posts?

Upvote 0
Woohoo, my phone is famous. Hilarious, I didn't realize I was getting this update ahead of anyone. Here I am trolling XDA and Phandroid waiting for a rooted release of this OTA. Anyway. Here are some more pics. I rotated the first one so you don't get a crick in your neck either.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the phone to give me the first update notification screen I saw which gave me the option to 'install now', 'install later', and 'more info', but even after rebooting it hasn't come back up. If it does I'll post that one too.

Todd

Can I have you autograph?.....LOL.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So the 'nag' screen finally popped up again. Unfortunately the 'more info' button just takes you to the same screen that I got to by going to Settings-About Phone-System updates. So I can't verify the version number or radio. Unless someone knows another way. If I could be guaranteed to gain root in the future I would run the install. But everything I've read says not to do that.

Todd

Attachments

• IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Now I'm going to have to put the Phandroid app back on my phone over the weekend. I don't want to miss the first 'GB broke my phone' post.

Why wouldn't you have it on there all the time?....this thread is the best entertainment for when your on the go....LOL. Nothing like checking up on the lobsters, spidermonkeys, dingos, hairless cats and yes....even the gargoyles while your out and about.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Why wouldn't you have it on there all the time?....this thread is the best entertainment for when your on the go....LOL. Nothing like checking up on the lobsters, spidermonkeys, dingos, hairless cats and yes....even the gargoyles while your out and about.

Cause my battery sucked (more than usual) after I did a complete wipe of my phone and was recalibrating it. Didn't need help taking up extra battery. The update actually coming through though - now that's worth it. I'm going to make a necklace out of a phone and wall charger I think. Functional beauty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones