• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GPS in GV 1.5

Morning mate, apologies for the radio silence, got home to be faced with a sick baby and stressed mrs. Not really the politically safe thing to do, jumping on t'interwebby and trying to sort a phone out!

Anyway, I reformatted the data and sd-ext, then immediately after that reflashed GV 1.5 and the Gviollet HAVS AXI kernel. Things ran ok for a while, I then flashed BlueVillain (?) Theme and Circles Mod, and updated BusyBox to 1.18. The problem then happened again.

So. I have nand restored Defrost which I started the week on. I'm going to leave this a few days to see if the phone plays up again. If it does then I guess I have a hardware issue. If it doesn't though...? GV problem or still a problem with my SD Card / partitioning?

Upvote 0
i have a feeling its a corrupt ext partition. possible that because a wipe of data and dalvic has been done it is now trying to write dalvic back to the sd-ext as the darktremor script is already activated, its failing to write dalvic to ext therefore its bootlooping

I would advise taking the card out, backing up all the data on it and then using gparted to repartition it again

put the stuff back on it and restore what ever nandroid you had (if you had one)

Sorry dude, just saw this after replying to SU. Hmmm.... Ok, that could be a winner. The mrs is out tomorrow night so presuming Jnr decides to get better I'll have the evening to try this out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones