• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Guide ) Lgnpst emergency recovery pb.

Finally..Great pics budde2. Budde2 has done this what 3 times now:thinking:(LMAO that day you said yeah gonna break it to get the pics)

How many times for you Amazin1988 I have lost count:thinking:(your new nickname=crazy mofo) HA:D

epayne123 believe it was once or more for you:thinking:

And me once;)
BAM:rolleyes:
http://www.box.com/s/42670c11cc31d546a6f6

Upvote 0
Yup. I had done this a few times now. I couldn't get it to work then was talking to Budde and all of a sudden realized the step I was forgetting and felt like a moron because ALL I was doing wrong was not navigating to the correct folder while searching for the .tot. If I had done this then I would've gotten it done the second that it got bricked LoLLoL. He helped me slow myself down from being anxious and upset and I realized what I was doing wrong. Flawless Tutorial. Credit goes to Budde for helping me calm down and Biggie for all of the work he has put into this.

Reactions: budde2 and gbiggie
Upvote 0
I love it when we have team work :)

Yeah you def. know who can help you when you need it. I asked from some help from someone last night and I got straight up ignored. After they just responded to me a few minutes before.

I won't say who but now I KNOW I can't count on this person for anything. Which is fine by me, because I've got my other buddies :D :D :D

Upvote 0
I got stuck with the error. I just wanted to add that I had to unzip the MS910ZVB_01... file and then load in the .tot file (which was zipped up originally) for PB File. PB File would not take in the .zip archive file. It's at 44% right now in LGNPST and my fingers are crossed. Thanks to everyone who contributed to make this guide.

P.S: I've recorded the entire process :five:

WOOT WOOT! IT WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH GBIGGIE!!!!!!

Upvote 0
.THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

DUDE, I was updating to ZVD and my sister's laptop went it to sleep mode andn I got that "downloading, don't disconnect message". I was freaking out!!!

Nothing worked. I tried all the power cycling I could find on the next, holding power, up/down arrows, nada. I found this tutorial and after a few tries, with the aid of a couple suggestions I read earlier, I got it working. Now it's back to factory. I lost all my contacts and numbers and such, but oh well. I'd rather have a phone than no phone!!! I should have backed all that up before diving into this, but lesson learned. I will NOT make the same mistake twice.

Now onto seeing if LGNPST can help me update to ZVD (yup, even after all this, I'm willing to give it a try again, but this time sleep/hibernation has been turned off and i"m watching the damn screen until it's finished!!!

Seriously, you guys are a lifesaver and I mean that. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!

Upvote 0
.THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

DUDE, I was updating to ZVD and my sister's laptop went it to sleep mode andn I got that "downloading, don't disconnect message". I was freaking out!!!

Nothing worked. I tried all the power cycling I could find on the next, holding power, up/down arrows, nada. I found this tutorial and after a few tries, with the aid of a couple suggestions I read earlier, I got it working. Now it's back to factory. I lost all my contacts and numbers and such, but oh well. I'd rather have a phone than no phone!!! I should have backed all that up before diving into this, but lesson learned. I will NOT make the same mistake twice.

Now onto seeing if LGNPST can help me update to ZVD (yup, even after all this, I'm willing to give it a try again, but this time sleep/hibernation has been turned off and i"m watching the damn screen until it's finished!!!

Seriously, you guys are a lifesaver and I mean that. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!

I used the LG update tool and the phone randomly disconnected from the computer two times, resulting in this error. My fix: I used the second LG Esteem driver on the built-in driver list, and made sure USB debugging was turned on on my phone. That corrected the issue. Just a heads up in case you or someone else run into this issue.

-Jeff

Upvote 0
So maybe this is a stupid question but when I get to the step of picking the ms910 blah blah copy zip file when I type it in nothing happens, when I "*.*" it comes up so I can click on it but it says incompatible file type :/ I followed the directions. I just don't know if I have it in the right place or if it's supposed to end up named "MS910ZVB_01.SB_01.P3018.R1003 - Copy.csv" or does it need to be named "MS910ZVB_01.SB_01.P3018.R1003 - Copy.zip"

I feel super silly but I cannot figure it out :'[

Upvote 0
So maybe this is a stupid question but when I get to the step of picking the ms910 blah blah copy zip file when I type it in nothing happens, when I "*.*" it comes up so I can click on it but it says incompatible file type :/ I followed the directions. I just don't know if I have it in the right place or if it's supposed to end up named "MS910ZVB_01.SB_01.P3018.R1003 - Copy.csv" or does it need to be named "MS910ZVB_01.SB_01.P3018.R1003 - Copy.zip"

I feel super silly but I cannot figure it out :'[

When you extract(unzip) the file it becomes a tot file. The file needs to end in.tot for LGNPST to recognize it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones