• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how do I get music from my computer to my phone?

How did you not get a cable? Buy it used or some such?

At any rate there's roughly one billion (I did some number crunching, that's an accurate count) ways to transfer music or other files from your computer to your phone. If you don't want to get a new cable for USB I recommend dropbox or bluetooth. There are also other programs like Twonky or DoubleTwist that transfer media to your phone... somehow. Magic, I think. I just use bluetooth. There are many other ways, that's just a few.

Reactions: costraccoraull
Upvote 0
If your phone/tablet has an SD card, there is a MUCH easier way to do this is:
1. Simply unmount your SD card on your device and then remove it
2. Plug the SD card into your computer's card reader
3. Add a folder called "Music" if one doesn't exist on the SD card
4. Move all the songs/albums you want from your Media Player library into the Music folder on the SD card (including album art)
5. Put the SD card back into your device, and your device reads the media on the SD card and you're ready to listen to all the music you just transferred.

Reactions: costraccoraull
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones