• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Many Will be "FURIOUS" if Verizon doesn't get the equivilent?

The phone might suck! Who cares if it has a 1GHz processor in it. WTF are you doing on your phone thats going to take advantage of this? Oh wow your menus load .00000009 seconds faster?

It will enable animated graphics, fluid web page rendering and scrolling, and stutter free video, all part of improving the user experience. Given that, I'd say I care a whole lot that it has a 1GHz processor in it.

Upvote 0
Not really. FCC can come in a week before the device launches. I think Google is just trying to hype this and VZW is not for the Droid return sake.
And the point about the Pre. We all knew that was coming. Training does not mean VZW wont get another Droid cuz the two phones are pretty different. They could launch pre early Jan and Passion late Jan. Training means nothing.

Training means that they are getting their employees educated on their new device. do you see any verizon training for nexus one? did a phone pass by the FCC with CDMA capabilities? maybe it'll come out in the future, definitely not at the same time as tmobile but right now there is ZERO evidence that it will. chances are, this phone is never coming to Verizon.

Upvote 0
Hey for another slant you folks might want to read the Article at PC Mag on the NexusOne titled "Why So Many Are So Wrong on the 'Google Phone' which states the case: "The nearly hysterical frothing about the "Google Phone" overlooks a whole bunch of existing facts. The T-Mobile G1, after all, was a phone whose software was dictated by Google; it was a "Google Phone." Google has already sold two phones online, unlocked, to developers - the Android Dev Phone 1 (a G1 clone) and the Google Ion (also known as the T-Mobile MyTouch 3G.)" anyways they say its much ado about nothing.

Upvote 0
Hey for another slant you folks might want to read the Article at PC Mag on the NexusOne titled "Why So Many Are So Wrong on the 'Google Phone' which states the case: "The nearly hysterical frothing about the "Google Phone" overlooks a whole bunch of existing facts. The T-Mobile G1, after all, was a phone whose software was dictated by Google; it was a "Google Phone." Google has already sold two phones online, unlocked, to developers - the Android Dev Phone 1 (a G1 clone) and the Google Ion (also known as the T-Mobile MyTouch 3G.)" anyways they say its much ado about nothing.

This is exactly what I stated. I'm already convinced that there's nothing out of the ordinary about Nexus One. That aside I still wonder if Verizon is going to get something similar. It would be nice if the official rumor about the 4.3in coming to Verizon was true all along. I just can't imagine a company like HTC being satisfied with the Droid Eris/Hero being there only phone on Verizon's/Sprint's networks this year. From all the commercials it looks like HTC is really trying to make a name for themselves. I don't think over a year old technology on the nation's best providers is a smart way for your company to get positive exposure. More like, why does this phone lag, why is there no flash. Seems like they gotta be releasing something better.

And if ONE person brings up that UGLY A$$ Droid again....NOT EVERYBODY LIKES THAT PHONE!

Upvote 0
I agree 1000% that the keyboard on the droid is nearly useless.... yes, you can get used to it, but Verizon really should have top of the line device with and without a physical keyboard (and don't say Eris is top of the line).

This is what I am waiting for... I hope VZW pull their heads out of their a$$es and gets this phone ready soon!

Upvote 0
I agree 1000% that the keyboard on the droid is nearly useless.... yes, you can get used to it, but Verizon really should have top of the line device with and without a physical keyboard (and don't say Eris is top of the line).

This is what I am waiting for... I hope VZW pull their heads out of their a$$es and gets this phone ready soon!

lol The Droid and Eris are both better then any other Android phone on the Market. Only reason anyone wants the Nexus is because of it's processor and it being hyped the "Google phone." As soon as another phone gets announced everyone would have forgot about the Nexus One and move on to the next phone. Happens all the time.

Upvote 0
DUHH People want what is going to be the fastest thing out there! We know Android is great and now with a fast processor its going to be AMAZING!!!

Other phones will have the same processor though. So Verizon not getting the Nexus doesn't matter since Verizon is getting the HTC version of the Nexus. This is not going to be the one end all phone, others will come with the same specs that look better.

Upvote 0
lol The Droid and Eris are both better then any other Android phone on the Market.

I will put my 14 month old, rooted G1 or my GF year old rooted G1, against any Droid, Eris, Touch, Behold2 or any other Android device right now on the market.

The only Android device that has come close to the speed or storage, is a rooted Touch. I still can go through apps, web pages, etc.. than My friends rooted Touch can.

As far as the Nexus One goes, if it does come out and its price good, I will own at least 1. I am starting to wonder why there is nothing official been posted any where. I wont give up hope though.

Upvote 0
Verizon doesn't need this phone. They have the Droid line which will be fine for them.

Wrong. Neither of those phones has the criteria I want, which are: Android, no physical keyboard, and a screen as big or bigger than my current iphone. I don't think that is too much to ask. The Passion meets my requirements. After that, I don't care if they come out with another phone that is any faster or flashier.

Upvote 0
Wrong. Neither of those phones has the criteria I want, which are: Android, no physical keyboard, and a screen as big or bigger than my current iphone. I don't think that is too much to ask. The Passion meets my requirements. After that, I don't care if they come out with another phone that is any faster or flashier.

so just because YOU want it verizon needs the phone? hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha.

verizon is fine without the nexus one, they just got the droid not that long ago. the droid is an incredible phone that at least will rival the N1.

Upvote 0
so just because YOU want it verizon needs the phone? hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha.

verizon is fine without the nexus one, they just got the droid not that long ago. the droid is an incredible phone that at least will rival the N1.

Whether Verizon needs it or not, that's irrelevant. They have right now two Android solutions, a budget w/o qwerty and a high end w/ qwerty. Seeing that the Calgary/Devour (budget w/ qwerty) is all but slated to be released, seems to me they'd also opt for a high end phone w/o qwerty which is why I see the Incredible/Passion hitting very soon.

Saying Verizon doesn't need this phone is like saying they did not need the Imagio or the Omnia II after the release of the TP2. They'll do whatever they need to do to keep or gain market share.

Upvote 0
Whether Verizon needs it or not, that's irrelevant. They have right now two Android solutions, a budget w/o qwerty and a high end w/ qwerty. Seeing that the Calgary/Devour (budget w/ qwerty) is all but slated to be released, seems to me they'd also opt for a high end phone w/o qwerty which is why I see the Incredible/Passion hitting very soon.

Saying Verizon doesn't need this phone is like saying they did not need the Imagio or the Omnia II after the release of the TP2. They'll do whatever they need to do to keep or gain market share.

so your saying so they have a neat little pile of high-end and low-end androids phones Verizon WILL get this one? tmobile has no high-end android PERIOD. sprint has no high-end android phone PERIOD. ATT has NO android phone PERIOD. of course verizon will get something similar in the future to the nexus one but not now. they JUST got the droid, its still got some selling to do for them ;)

Upvote 0
so your saying so they have a neat little pile of high-end and low-end androids phones Verizon WILL get this one? tmobile has no high-end android PERIOD. sprint has no high-end android phone PERIOD. ATT has NO android phone PERIOD. of course verizon will get something similar in the future to the nexus one but not now. they JUST got the droid, its still got some selling to do for them ;)

T-Mobile has no announced partnership with Google PERIOD. Sprint has no announced partnership with Google PERIOD. AT&T has no announced parnership with Google PERIOD. Verizon does. ;)

From what I can see, T-Mobile has gotten THREE new Android phones since August: the MyTouch 3G, Samsung Behold 2, and the Motorola Cliq. Sprint has gotten the Hero and more recently the Samsung Moment which is no low end phone at 800MHz with an AMOLED display and qwerty slider. It's not like either of these two are behind Verizon by any means. They chose their hardware releases. I don't see why they'd get anything ahead of Verizon. AT&T won't be getting anything high end any time soon not made by Apple. I doubt they were permitted to negotiate anything before the contract was up which means in another week, they can start thinking about other smartphones, but that won't mean getting something anytime soon. As far as I can tell, Verizon is in the driver's seat. :p

Upvote 0
T-Mobile has no announced partnership with Google PERIOD. Sprint has no announced partnership with Google PERIOD. AT&T has no announced parnership with Google PERIOD. Verizon does. ;)

From what I can see, T-Mobile has gotten THREE new Android phones since August: the MyTouch 3G, Samsung Behold 2, and the Motorola Cliq. Sprint has gotten the Hero and more recently the Samsung Moment which is no low end phone at 800MHz with an AMOLED display and qwerty slider. It's not like either of these two are behind Verizon by any means. They chose their hardware releases. I don't see why they'd get anything ahead of Verizon. AT&T won't be getting anything high end any time soon not made by Apple. I doubt they were permitted to negotiate anything before the contract was up which means in another week, they can start thinking about other smartphones, but that won't mean getting something anytime soon. As far as I can tell, Verizon is in the driver's seat. :p

Verizon is the only one with an ANNOUNCED partnership, yet sprint and tmobile have android phones too :p tmobile has no announced partnership yet they have the most android phones and were the first to have an android phone. Their partnership means nothing more than googles relationship with sprint and tmobile. Verizon is no more in the drivers seat than sprint or tmobile so stop kidding yourself :p if it makes you feel better to take rumors and piece them together that make you feel more secure than by all means go ahead ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones