• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to connect to Internet?

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
Hi there, welcome to Android Forums. :)

Firstly, have you ever been able to connect or is this a new problem on a previously working phone? If this is a brand new phone, possibly your provider has settings that they can text you that will configure your phone. I know my S3 had to have that from my provider before I could connect to the internet.

If the phone was previously working fine but now doesn't connect, are you trying to connect via wifi or 3G and can you connect via one but not the other?

If you are trying to connect via 3G, have you made sure 'mobile data' is switched on and you have sufficient credit (credit only applies if on a pre-paid or Pay-As-You-Go plan, ignore for a monthly plan)

If you are trying to connect using wifi, obviously you will need to make sure you are connected to a wifi spot correctly.

If you can't connect via either then I would say a settings option has been turned off.

If you think back to when this happened, had you recently downloaded an app that may be affecting this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones