• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Incredible pictures from gizmodo

I sure do hope those touch sensitive buttons are perfectly responsive and are a big improvement over the Eris and Droid. If not, they could wind up giving me headaches. Cause every Eris I've played with has had not-so-responsive buttons on the front. Not a deal breaker, by any means, but I just hope this phone has a good set of touch buttons on the front that work correctly 100% of the time.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I thought there might be one, but I didn't see it. Do you think this phone has the 1ghz snapdragon in it, and the 3.7" screen? If so, I am excited about it. They are saying only 256MB RAM though?

Yes, I believe the 1ghz Snapdragon is all but officially confirmed for this phone, and it'd have to have it to keep up with the Nexus and all of the other new HTC phones coming to market. The screen, in my opinion, is either 3.5" or 3.7". From the pictures and video, the phone looks long. Which leads me to lean towards 3.7". Hopefully it's AMOLED. If so, this thing will be gorgeous in person. As far as the ram goes, 256MB of ram is what the Motorola DROID has, and I've never really heard many complaints about it being slow. Check out the video, if you haven't yet. Look at them scrolling through things. It doesn't look like it's lacking any speed to me. So, I'm going to say it either has 256 or 512mb of ram. It's not confirmed yet though. Either way, it looks plenty fast enough for me.

Upvote 0
Yes, I believe the 1ghz Snapdragon is all but officially confirmed for this phone, and it'd have to have it to keep up with the Nexus and all of the other new HTC phones coming to market. The screen, in my opinion, is either 3.5" or 3.7". From the pictures and video, the phone looks long. Which leads me to lean towards 3.7". Hopefully it's AMOLED. If so, this thing will be gorgeous in person. As far as the ram goes, 256MB of ram is what the Motorola DROID has, and I've never really heard many complaints about it being slow. Check out the video, if you haven't yet. Look at them scrolling through things. It doesn't look like it's lacking any speed to me. So, I'm going to say it either has 256 or 512mb of ram. It's not confirmed yet though. Either way, it looks plenty fast enough for me.

You're right, it does look fast.

Looks like it may be about as wide as an Eris, but a little longer to get that 3.7" screen. One reason to have the 512MB RAM is if it is going to support 720p video.

And I agree, a solid color skin on the phone will hide the red back if someone does not like it.

Upvote 0
If its already branded and showing Verizon in the boot logo so Verizon is probably testing right now....I'd even go as far to say maybe before the Nexus 1...evidence being you don't see any Verizon branded Nexus' passing through the FCC yet or being shown in shitty half English half Spanish vid yet. My friend and I think its gotta be somewhere in SoCal probably like LA. The guy was asking the other guy where he bought it but he didn't say.

Upvote 0
If its already branded and showing Verizon in the boot logo so Verizon is probably testing right now....I'd even go as far to say maybe before the Nexus 1...evidence being you don't see any Verizon branded Nexus' passing through the FCC yet or being shown in shitty half English half Spanish vid yet. My friend and I think its gotta be somewhere in SoCal probably like LA. The guy was asking the other guy where he bought it but he didn't say.

Dont forget, trademark was filed on Nov 19th.

Upvote 0
Question...Does anyone know if the location shown on the phone ("Bernardsville" on this one) changes whenever you change locations or is it something that you set on the phone? The only Bernardsville I found is in New Jersey.

I think the theory that it is in Spain is correct, but the phone is based out of Bernardsville, NJ. I just checked the weather forcast for Saturday for that town and it matched what was displayed on the phone. Good catch!

Upvote 0
Hey i've been following your forums on this htc incredible. It looks great but the htc supersonic looks even better imo. But it says its being released to sprint. What do you think the chances of them making one for verizon too? The specs look better than the incredible imo. What do you all think? I had the droid, actually 3 of them and finally returned it to see what else might come out. I really would like a physical keyboard as the screen ones are harder to type long messages. Unless maybe i have a 4.3 screen like the htc supersonic. The pics (former posts) of the incredible look like a cross between the original bravo we saw and the supersonic.

HTC Android Phones has both bravo and supersonic phones but not the incredible.

Upvote 0
Hey really strange news everyone ! I was watching the video and noticed that guy holding the phone actually works at SPRINT ! check out the screen shot/ reversed image yourself . You can clearly see at 0:25- on that he is wearing a name tag and then the embroidered sprint shows up.
2n6uagn.jpg
What do you think now???

Upvote 0
@ ohiwastedmylife

good catch...but to think it is goin to sprint is a stretch considering they will get the supersonic. I think the other guy in the vid is showing it the sprint guy because the sprint guy is curious. also...the sprint guy is using a nexus one to film the video...that doesnt mean the nexus one is coming to sprint...

Maybe your hunch is right...maybe it will end up on sprint. but one thing is for sure and it is that it will come to vzw...it booted under verizon...

Upvote 0
Hey really strange news everyone ! I was watching the video and noticed that guy holding the phone actually works at SPRINT ! check out the screen shot/ reversed image yourself . You can clearly see at 0:25- on that he is wearing a name tag and then the embroidered sprint shows up.
2n6uagn.jpg
What do you think now???

so what about the verizon boot up screen?

Upvote 0
When I heard him say that I thought to my self he was making money by posting it to a blog and getting lots of hits. But maybe you're right, that would be weird though.

I think you are right. The way he says it, plus immediately following up by saying he's gonna post it on a blog, makes your first impression seem more accurate.
I know the RAM has been discussed as being 256, but the dude in the video says, "It's like a Hero, but with my phone's specs."
Now maybe he doesn't know the exact specs, but he talks about the phone like he's at least somewhat familiar with it and is absolutely in love with it. I'm not sure someone with a N1 would react that way to a phone that was not on par with RAM.
I could be wrong, but if I was looking at a phone that was lesser compared to what I had in my hand, I wouldn't be raving and saying it's "hot".

Upvote 0
I think you are right. The way he says it, plus immediately following up by saying he's gonna post it on a blog, makes your first impression seem more accurate.
I know the RAM has been discussed as being 256, but the dude in the video says, "It's like a Hero, but with my phone's specs."
Now maybe he doesn't know the exact specs, but he talks about the phone like he's at least somewhat familiar with it and is absolutely in love with it. I'm not sure someone with a N1 would react that way to a phone that was not on par with RAM.
I could be wrong, but if I was looking at a phone that was lesser compared to what I had in my hand, I wouldn't be raving and saying it's "hot".

That is a GREAT point! Very good post. +1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones