• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I don't need any more freaking marketing

Facebook wants to ensure that billions of people in emerging markets have access to its mobile apps when they buy their first phones. The social networking giant found an easy solution to that problem: Facebook is working with Chinese chipmaker Spreadtrum to embed its software directly into the guts of inexpensive smartphones.
Well FB just happens to be banned in the world's largest emerging market, and probably others as well. Oh the irony.

Upvote 0
I would have thought that if you don't have a FB log in, it's not going to work on your phone. Least, it's never done anything on any phone I ever had.

Problem is you still have to look at the wretched facebook word or f thing embedded in the phone's ROM and in too many apps and games, even if you never plan on using it.

Upvote 0
Here:

Facebook breaks the Internet - Users unable to see some websites | TechEye

I use NoScript on all computers. Almost every damn option in NoScipt on almost every site has FB listed. I don't allow it unless I'm checking on someone's customer service on FB itself.

I wouldn't have thought errant FB plug-ins would have done that, stop whole pages from loading and break websites completely.

If you surf the internet from China without a proxy, FB plug-ins are always broken. Usually there's just a blank space or a "connection reset error" where they should be. And websites like CNN, Washington Post, etc, work just fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones