• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I'm exhausted, I can't install CWM for the life of me.

AVP

Dec 18, 2009
PA
Yesterday I rooted. I downloaded ROM Manger and tried to install CWRM from that app. I realize after reading that that was a mistake. So I tried pushing CWRM via Odin and it was successful (at least that's what it said in Odin). I thought it went well until I booted into recovery mode and still saw the blue letters and no CWM. I tried putting update.zip on the root and updating and it immediately gives me an exclamation point.

[FONT=&quot]My Firmware is 2.1-update1 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Baseband: s:i500.04 V.EA28 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Kernel:2.6.29[/FONT]

I have no idea why I can't successfully install CWM onto my phone after Odin pushed i successfully.

Should I uninstall ROM Manager and delete the clockwork folder and try pushing it again through Odin?

Am I trying the wrong update.zip?

For the love of God, I have scoured every where. Any bit of info would be useful. Thanks.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

there is a known issue with the dl09/ea28 ota's that messes with recovery and only lets you boot to it once

1. download a custom 2.1 kernel (voodoo or non) and put it on your sdcard
2. push cwr with odin
*3. (this is how i would do it, ignoring recovery flash in rom manager)
once odin says done and reboots your phone, pull the battery...put it back in and 3 button recovery to get to stock blue recovery...apply the update.zip with the home key...should get you into recovery
4. flash the custom kernel from your sdcard
5. reboot...now you should be able to get to cwr whenever you want

(although honestly if you are rooted id say just go to froyo)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones