• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help In great need of advice PLEASE!!

Devon

Lurker
Nov 9, 2009
Ok, so I adore my new Droid but I am having a few issues, and to be completely honest I'm not sure if its the phone or the operator...

My alarm clock will not work. At all. I've tried taking the battery out and everything but everytime it says it needs to force close. And I haven't tried downloading an alarm clock app because frankly, the one the phone came with should suffice. So should I wait for the update to see if that corrects the problem?

Also, the actual phone function is a nightmare for me. People on the other end have a hard time hearing me. And when they can hear me, I end up somehow hitting other buttons with my face and calling my voicemail or muting it or simply hang up on them.... and a few times the screen has turned black and I have to go through the entire unlock process to end the call. GRR!!

I honestly don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but if I am I'll gladly hear it. I really love this phone and I don't want to get rid of it. Are these silly issues or should I take it back and have them swap it out?? Or will they even exchange it for these issues??

Thank you in advance :)

Honestly, I'd exchange he phone - if the App isn't working like it should OOB, something is definitely not right. Also, when making calls, there is a proximity sensor (or 2) in the same area as the earphone and when you hold it close to your face it is supposed to dim the screen, thereby (theoretically) not allowing accidental button pressing when talking on the phone.

FWIW, the alarm works for me just fine the one time I tried it.

If both of these issues are affecting you, I would not waste another minute with it - get an exchange now.

Upvote 0
There is a sensor that is supposed to detect when the phone is close to your face and blank the screen so that doesn't happen. Sometimes it gets a little buggy. Try rebooting the phone, then find a phone to call that you can experiment with (like maybe your home phone) and call. In the call, cover the top of your screen around the notification LED with your hand. If the screen doesn't blank out, exchange the phone.

Reactions: loisrn57
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones