• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internet / Network Outage for Metro this AM?

4g here in tampa is showing on my phone but at the moment i only see the green up arrow on but not down arrow meaning im sending but aint receiving lol they must of went haywire knowing that wifi-tether has been released i wonder if they are doing something to monitor closely our data usage but maybe thats just me being paranoid eh?

Upvote 0
Glad to know why i wasnt happy with my phone...

Philly area was out this morning too... I thought it was metro screwing with my porting.

now, since this is happening to everyone at once, I'm wondering if the things going on are happening in texas where all our data is routing through. Maybe this is a good reason why they should not be routing all traffic through one location.

Upvote 0
now, since this is happening to everyone at once, I'm wondering if the things going on are happening in texas where all our data is routing through. Maybe this is a good reason why they should not be routing all traffic through one location.

I agree but i'm not on their board... I would give them feedback if I thought it would even be read by a janitor...

Upvote 0

^ This.

Also, I was pretty damn sure my 4G was out for a lot of the day yesterday here in Tampa. I also noticed some outages this AM, but it was working again by this afternoon. I don't pay attention to 1X, if I don't have 4G I don't waste my time trying to use the internet on the phone. lol

Upvote 0
^ This.

Also, I was pretty damn sure my 4G was out for a lot of the day yesterday here in Tampa. I also noticed some outages this AM, but it was working again by this afternoon. I don't pay attention to 1X, if I don't have 4G I don't waste my time trying to use the internet on the phone. lol

That's pretty much how I am. 1x is good for email and im but it's just not fast enough for browsing.

My worry now is they will shut down the 1x in the name of new technology before 4g is fully stable and supported... The LTE network isn't big enough yet and certainly not stable enough yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones