• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is anyone actually working on a ICS/JB Rom?

Doh, lol... dammit... more crappy LG code... seriously, who uses GOTO statements anymore?? They deliberately avoid teaching you that statement because we have Functions()... it's starting to feel like this was written with crayons :bebored:

Gotta figure out a way around this one now:
[HIGH] CC lge/com_device/input/lge_touch_core.o
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/lge/com_device/input/lge_touch_core.c: In function 'touch_work_func_a':
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/lge/com_device/input/lge_touch_core.c:953: error: label 'out' used but not defined
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/lge/com_device/input/lge_touch_core.c:902: error: label 'err_out_critical' used but not defined
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/lge/com_device/input/lge_touch_core.c:894: warning: unused variable 'next_work'
error, forbidden warning: lge_touch_core.c:894
make[4]: *** [lge/com_device/input/lge_touch_core.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [lge/com_device/input] Error 2
make[2]: *** [lge/com_device] Error 2
make[1]: *** [lge] Error 2
make: *** [sub-make] Error 2
[/HIGH]

Upvote 0
Screw it, I took the MetroPCS's lge_touch_core.

I see what they did... each time they add support for a new device they mashed it into the same file instead of writing a new one cleanly somewhere... it's classic sphagetti code. Luckily I think the input code will work just fine from the original rom. Can't see that changing that much.

It's compiling again.... :D

Upvote 0
next snag....

[HIGH]drivers/built-in.o: In function `msm_power_get_property':
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/drivers/power/msm_charger.c:730: undefined reference to `usb_chg_type_for_FG'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `is_battery_present':
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/drivers/power/msm_charger.c:365: undefined reference to `get_ext_cable_type_value'
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/drivers/power/msm_charger.c:365: undefined reference to `get_ext_cable_type_value'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `is_battery_id_valid':
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/drivers/power/msm_charger.c:419: undefined reference to `get_ext_cable_type_value'
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/drivers/power/msm_charger.c:419: undefined reference to `get_ext_cable_type_value'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `get_battery_temperature_adc':
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/drivers/power/msm_charger.c:469: undefined reference to `get_ext_cable_type_value'
drivers/built-in.o:/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTOR[/HIGH]

Upvote 0
Yea that what happened when I messef with the mpcs defconfig, fix one error get ten more. They left too much if the metro shut out since metro said f that we're not paying for a update. ;)

Good luck tho n plan to spends tons of time on it. ;)

Dislike! Hope your post doesn't discourage him the slightest!
I really hoped you would bring us something more here on the Connect. :p

He will get so much thanks out here if he brings Ice to us though :D

P.S.! I hope you can help him out if he needs any help along the way, will you PG?? :)

Upvote 0

P.S.! I hope you can help him out if he needs any help along the way, will you PG?? :)

I have been as much as I can. ;)

Upvote 0

lol don't worry PG literally means what he said. knock down one penguin and ten more appear. I just happen to have a lot of patience and a good weapon :ridinghorse:

So far I had to re-enable LG_RAPI_CIENT, turns out a few things rely on that, and factory. Its less errors to fix i think. Here's the last build message. I got away with replacing the input driver from the original metro code. I'll see if this is similar. It had to compile at some point after all.

[HIGH] GEN /home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/out/Makefile
scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig
lge/com_device/input/Kconfig:110:warning: defaults for choice values not supported
lge/com_device/input/Kconfig:117:warning: defaults for choice values not supported
lge/com_device/input/Kconfig:123:warning: defaults for choice values not supported
lge/com_device/input/Kconfig:129:warning: defaults for choice values not supported
lge/com_device/input/Kconfig:136:warning: defaults for choice values not supported
Using /home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel as source for kernel
GEN /home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/out/Makefile
CHK include/linux/version.h
CHK include/generated/utsrelease.h
make[2]: `include/generated/mach-types.h' is up to date.
CALL /home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/scripts/checksyscalls.sh
CHK include/generated/compile.h
CC lge/factory/LG_rapi_client.o
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/lge/factory/LG_rapi_client.c: In function 'icd_send_to_arm9':
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/lge/factory/LG_rapi_client.c:326: error: 'LG_FW_RAPI_ICD_DIAG_EVENT' undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/lge/factory/LG_rapi_client.c:326: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/lge/factory/LG_rapi_client.c:326: error: for each function it appears in.)
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/lge/factory/LG_rapi_client.c: In function 'lge_led_control':
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/lge/factory/LG_rapi_client.c:1748: error: 'LG_FW_LED_ON' undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/user/Desktop/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/lge/factory/LG_rapi_client.c:1752: error: 'LG_FW_LED_OFF' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[3]: *** [lge/factory/LG_rapi_client.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [lge/factory] Error 2
make[1]: *** [lge] Error 2
make: *** [sub-make] Error 2
[/HIGH]

Upvote 0
Okay, so after hundreds of edits, i'm seeing a pattern here. LG tried to very sloppily merge code for the Verizon/Sprint? Slate tablet... very nasty partial conditions all over the place that make variables undefined and stuff. I've started taking those conditions out so that the variables exist whenever possible. Luckily it's also most LG test related code so if anything the internal factory tests might not work, or may... 50/50. I don't really care though. Making progress lol

Upvote 0
Well guys, I have EXCELLENT news :) after 2 friggin days of commenting out stuff, merging code written in a language I don't write, compiling attempts in the 100's... I bring to you the compiled kernel :D

I've commented out so much code that I'm pretty sure isn't required, or is just for factory diagnostics etc... I think everything will work.

I just need PG to help me pack up the IMG files and the kernel zImage. Then the guy who lost 4G to try to flash it to see if it works :)

Upvote 0
Well guys, I have EXCELLENT news :) after 2 friggin days of commenting out stuff, merging code written in a language I don't write, compiling attempts in the 100's... I bring to you the compiled kernel :D

I've commented out so much code that I'm pretty sure isn't required, or is just for factory diagnostics etc... I think everything will work.

I just need PG to help me pack up the IMG files and the kernel zImage. Then the guy who lost 4G to try to flash it to see if it works :)

I'm excited :D !!!
Waiting patiently, :p

Upvote 0
So a definite possible ics rom?

Yup, I edited tons of code for the verizon viper until it all compiled. I'm just trying to remember how to pack all the img files into a clockwork mod zip, about half way done figuring that out already....

just can't remember how to unpack a ramdisk

Nevermind:

gzip -dc < ramdisk.img | cpio --extract

Reactions: schemppjr80
Upvote 0
I'm going for a smoke... while the rom is DeOdexing in android kitchen :) I used the ZVA Rom #2's zip as a base shell, and replaced the contents with my own, added SuperSU. Hopefully this thing works on the first try.

By the way if anyone wants to support the cause please buy the MK9 Dashboard app from the market :) it would really help me get it off it's feet. It's got < 10 downloads so far lol... takes a bit to get the ball rollin'. I'm well into getting into the top 100 in MK9 :boxing:

Upvote 0
This is an ALPHA release, for testing only:

KANAIDA - SHANG TSUNG 1

What does that mean?
-Even i'm not sure lol, I got all the code to compile, and i'm pretty sure it's packed into the zip correctly. Please make a backup with ClockworkMod/Rom Manager before you do ANYTHING.

Please take note of what works and what doesn't work. I'm not even 100% it will boot but lets cross our fingers :)

Reactions: schemppjr80
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones