• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is my phone bricked and el finito?

Fold0rDie

Lurker
Apr 12, 2010
Have a Samsung Behold II. Turned off the phone to reset and then when I try to turn it back on now, it boots to a black DOS-like screen with this:

"MAGIC CODE :
DLOAD MAGIC 1 : 0X00000000
DLOAD MAGIC 2 : 0X00000000
DLOAD BBT #pg : 0X00000000

There's more lines, but I'm assuming my phone can't boot up properly anymore? I've tried a hard reset and it's still the same. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I am an Odin dummy but I would agree. Everything I find on Behold 2 bricks netwide seem to suggest flashing the BH_Man mod to fix. Then I found out he was an active member here:

http://androidforums.com/behold-2-a...rt-behold-2-stock-no-twiz-w-root-busybox.html

And, the stock firmware (hopefully there isn't mulitple carriers) is also linked in the OP. Luckily enough, the mod and the stock firmware APPEAR to still be active links.

So can you access download mode?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am an Odin dummy but I would agree. Everything I find on Behold 2 bricks netwide seem to suggest flashing the BH_Man mod to fix. Then I found out he was an active member here:

http://androidforums.com/behold-2-a...rt-behold-2-stock-no-twiz-w-root-busybox.html

And, the stock firmware (hopefully there isn't mulitple carriers) is also linked in the OP. Luckily enough, the mod and the stock firmware APPEAR to still be active links.

So can you access download mode?

I cannot access download mode after following instructions on the ODIN page. The screen won't go past what I wrote in the OP and doesn't respond to the hard reset.

Upvote 0
Yeah ,your phone is almost "el finito "
As a last resort ,you can try using USB jig to boot into download mode ,but I think your bootloader/nand has gone corrupt .
If it doesn't boot into download mode with the jig ,it wont recover by any possible means available .

Other than that ,You can try to resurrect your phone at a local mobile repairing shop who have J-tag riff Box . It costs anything between 10-25$ depending on locale .
That method is specially meant to resurrect download mode and it requires soldering skills .

If it doesnt work even with a J-tag then ,the phone is dead . In that case nothing short of motherboard replacement can fix it .

Upvote 0
Yeah ,your phone is almost "el finito "
As a last resort ,you can try using USB jig to boot into download mode ,but I think your bootloader/nand has gone corrupt .
If it doesn't boot into download mode with the jig ,it wont recover by any possible means available .

Other than that ,You can try to resurrect your phone at a local mobile repairing shop who have J-tag riff Box . It costs anything between 10-25$ depending on locale .
That method is specially meant to resurrect download mode and it requires soldering skills .

If it doesnt work even with a J-tag then ,the phone is dead . In that case nothing short of motherboard replacement can fix it .

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up. Once a phone can not boot into download mode there really isn't anything you can do software wise to fix it. This occasionally happens even on newer phones with lots of support.

I am pretty familiar with Odin, but about 6 months ago I had to send my wife's Nexus S back to Samsung for repairs. It happens to the best of us.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones