• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help It is possible to take screenshots w/stock Evo 3D running Android 2.3.4 (yes now possible)

Found this on another site:
"You can now natively take a screen shot on your Evo 3D!!! (You must have the latest update installed that was released today 8/18/2011)

Once you're updated:

Hold power button and tap the 'Home' button at the same time.

You have now taken a screen shot. It is saved under "Camera Shots"

No more 3rd party apps and needing to be rooted!"

Upvote 0
It does work, and work well on my EVO 3D! I WAS rather annoyed when I had heard that there was NOT a native screen snapper - I just got over it!

ne8NchH

Thanks to all!

Upvote 0
It works......I just did it, and if I knew how to post the screenshot here, I would. This is cool!:)

Hi! To upload photos/screen shots from your phone, download Photobucket from the Market and create an account. Tap on Upload. Upload the picture you want to share, then press the Menu button and tap on View Links. Tap on the img link, then come here and paste the link into your post.

Reactions: Wiley_11
Upvote 0
this thread is kind of misleading insomuch that you can only take a screen shot of the home screen on the EU model. however what about ANY other screen?

i mean with this "tip" can you take a screen shot of, say, a video playing on the device? how about a screen grab of your video folder list?

shootme would allow you to take a shot of any screen anywhere on the device , not just the one home screen (when it worked on the evo 4G for example).

what say ye?

Hi All,

just wanted to share some light on this.

I got my EU (UK) 3D the other day and it has done the 2.3.4 OTA. I am on contract with T-Mobile but got the phone from the Carphone Warehouse (for the specific reason that they come unlocked and unbranded).

I am able to take screen shots natively. I can take them on all home screens and in apps. The only ones it is struggling with is in video. Be that 3D or 2D. it will snap and appear as though taking a picture but upon viewing the actual image it is the scrolling bar and a black image.

______
KaoZar

Upvote 0
Right on! I've got random screenshots in my gallery, but had no idea how that was happening..hahaha! Excellent job, Encyclopedia Brown!

Hey guys,

In case nobody knew you can take screenshots with your htc evo 3d unrooted

I have a stock phone from rogers

If you press the power button down slightly (not all the way that it turns off) and then press the "home" button. You will hear a sound of a picture being taken and a message on your screen "screenshot captured"

The images then go into your gallery. Just an fyi as no other 3rd party apps are needed

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Unfortunately.. taking a screenshot doesn't work with any EVO 3d that has version 2.3.3. I had a replacement EVO 3d a few days ago and because the version on the device is 2.3.3 and not 2.3.4 -- trying to take a screenshot (press power button down then Tap home button) doesn't work. The EVO 3d I had before works pretty well. Darn, if I had known this - I would've kept my old phone..

Upvote 0
You can simply root, or update your phone

Unfortunately.. taking a screenshot doesn't work with any EVO 3d that has version 2.3.3. I had a replacement EVO 3d a few days ago and because the version on the device is 2.3.3 and not 2.3.4 -- trying to take a screenshot (press power button down then Tap home button) doesn't work. The EVO 3d I had before works pretty well. Darn, if I had known this - I would've kept my old phone..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones