1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ivisible Shield or OtterBox ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 66chevytruck, May 22, 2010.

1. 66chevytruck

66chevytruck Newbie

Looking at getting one of them.Pros and Cons.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

I'd get both - InvisbleShield to protect the screen, Otterbox (ignoring its screen film) for the rest. Well, that's what I did. (Actually, I bought a screen protector from Skinomi that is similar to the Zagg.)

3. meatwad

meatwad Newbie

I have the OtterBox and have dropped my phone several times, not a scratch on it. Did not like the screen protector that came with OtterBox. I don't use one at all and have not had a problem. My only pet peev is that the proximity sensor does not really work when I pull the phone away from my face, the screen doesn't cut back on so I hit the end key. Not a major issue once you get used to it.

4. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Android Enthusiast

Ive always used zagg for my gadgets. If you can get it on without issue it will out last your phone.

5. razorclose

razorclose Well-Known Member

Otterbox commuter, works like a charm!

6. jps

jps Well-Known Member

ive been walking about with my eris and keys in the same pocket for about 4 months now and have yet to get a scratch on this phone, i think screen protectors are just there for the piece of mind.

the otterbox impact case is just unreal, have dropped my phone countless times and nothing yet. i feel like i could drop this thing from the top of a building and still be in working order.

7. ithejdi

ithejdi Member

8. Adam63impala

Adam63impala Well-Known Member

MAN I have the otterbox impact case, hate It, doesn't fit snug and is too big so it covers the sensor and ear piece.

9. Adam63impala

Adam63impala Well-Known Member

JUSt givingadvice. NOT bashing.

10. I personally have the otterbox commuter case, and I absolutely loveee it. doesnt make it that much bigger at all, and adds the support that is needed!

11. pjwren13

pjwren13 Member

I have the otterbox commuter and love it also. I like like the screen protector that came with it as well.

12. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

While I do appreciate the fact that the glass remains unscratched, what I like most about the Skinomi is that oily finger smudges (and face smudges) are easier to wipe off, plus I like the feel of it compared with bare glass.

13. jps

jps Well-Known Member

maybe i should give one a whirl then, im always wiping my screen to get the oil off.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews