• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][MS870][LOKI] Freedom Kernel Lite

I also got rid of the calendar , calculator , backup.apk , download manager , downloads , all the music crap , calender sync , home , wise screen , videos , media home , quick memo , streaming player , software update , smart share , aplications manager , face unlock, also took out youtube , maps , street view and installed them threw the play store

Upvote 0
I also got rid of the calendar , calculator , backup.apk , download manager , downloads , all the music crap , calender sync , home , wise screen , videos , media home , quick memo , streaming player , software update , smart share , aplications manager , face unlock, also took out youtube , maps , street view and installed them threw the play store
Daaaaaaaaang! :eek:

Upvote 0

so what, you basically have an iPhone left?

Upvote 0
Kernel Updated!

Freedom Kernel Lite

A non overclock version of Freedom kernel with all the same features...

• Interactive governor
  • conservative governor
  • SmartassV2 governor
  • Intellidemand governor
  • Superbad governor
  • Init.D support - see here for details
When There's Freedom, There's Potential...
Freedom Kernel Lite

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This is the LG Spirit forum. I Think you're looking for the LG Optimus F7 forum.

Here's the thread for that and it's for ZV5.
http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-f7-all-things-root/810988-kernel-lg870-freedom-kernel-lite.html

Sorry, OP. yeah. been there and was hoping to stall or avoid zv5 update. was looking for kernels n custom roms compatible with the zv4 firmware when i stumbled across your thread.

btw, it seems that I'm in the presence of greatness. have seen your name alot in my search for knowledge about the Android system. Devs like you and PlayfulGod have made priceless contributions to this operating system, and making these phones truly our own. was a Windows Mobile user years on the Sprint Mogul. after having this phone for a couple of months, have only just now been ballsy enough to flash a custom clockworkmod recovery. lol thanks for the education and please never stop teaching us.

Upvote 0
Sorry, OP. yeah. been there and was hoping to stall or avoid zv5 update. was looking for kernels n custom roms compatible with the zv4 firmware when i stumbled across your thread.

btw, it seems that I'm in the presence of greatness. have seen your name alot in my search for knowledge about the Android system. Devs like you and PlayfulGod have made priceless contributions to this operating system, and making these phones truly our own. was a Windows Mobile user years on the Sprint Mogul. after having this phone for a couple of months, have only just now been ballsy enough to flash a custom clockworkmod recovery. lol thanks for the education and please never stop teaching us.
Thanks bro much appreciated.

I checked in my host account and still hadn't deleted the ZV4 kernel I previously made. I don't remember the details on it, but you can try it if you like. Should be same as zv5 version.

Here it is...
Freedom-ZV4-fx1s.zip

I would still recommend upgrading eventually to ZV5 so that you can use the rom that Chev made for the f7. You'll probably get a kitkat update from LG down the line also.

Reactions: thejackalsmark
Upvote 0
I checked in my host account and still hadn't deleted the ZV4 kernel I previously made.Here it is...
Freedom-ZV4-fx1s.zip
I would still recommend upgrading eventually to ZV5 so that you can use the rom that Chev made for the f7. You'll probably get a kitkat update from LG down the line also.[/QUOTE]

Thx alot for the file GT. definitely more rewards for the hassle of getting the update than searching for stuff for a firmware version which is no longer being developed for. lol just gun shy about flashing after a couple of brick / unbricks. last off topic question I promise. any recommendations for custom ROMs I might still pop on zv4 to get my feet wet with first Android Custom ROM flash? thanks again big time for all your help!

Upvote 0
Thx alot for the file GT. definitely more rewards for the hassle of getting the update than searching for stuff for a firmware version which is no longer being developed for. lol just gun shy about flashing after a couple of brick / unbricks. last off topic question I promise. any recommendations for custom ROMs I might still pop on zv4 to get my feet wet with first Android Custom ROM flash? thanks again big time for all your help!
Unfortunately there were no roms made for ZV4. Only one rom has been made for zv5 on the f7 forum called "Simplicity" rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones