• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] [KERNEL][MS659 & P659] Freedom Kernel Overclocked *Updated 9/9/14*

So your running freedom kernel and xperion on a Virgin Mobile F3?!

edit: btw thats also the way we get into recovery

I do on my non activated virgin mobile f3. I haven't put it on my activated one yet.
If I switch out the apn I can get phone to work, and data, but sms doesn't work. I tested that on the f6 dana rom

Upvote 0
That is a kernel issue btw. The vm kernel way to boot into recovery without wiping the data partition is to use the button combo power & volume down. It takes you directly into the recovery. If you hold down power & volume up takes you to the factory reset screen. The vm kernel on the other hand can't use a reboot recovery command without wiping the data partition.

Upvote 0
I like the way it is for metro/t-mo since it's easier to boot into recovery with a one click app than the button combo. As long as you can get into recovery one way or another without wiping data then it shouldn't be a big deal.
Agreed, I just like the fact that with booting into recovery, the metro/t-mo are completely opposite to the vm f3 lol

Reactions: xclusive36
Upvote 0
Hi all, I have a P659 with MetroPCS. When I installed this kernel over my Xperion rom, my texts were going to the wrong people. I would send a text to my wife, and an unknown number replied to me saying "WHO IS THIS? WHY ARE YOU TEXTING ME?"

I received all texts sent from my wife, but she could not receive any of my texts to her.

When I reinstalled Xperion without the freedom kernel, all was resolved.

Is there a way to fix this problem? Why did this happen? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hi all, I have a P659 with MetroPCS. When I installed this kernel over my Xperion rom, my texts were going to the wrong people. I would send a text to my wife, and an unknown number replied to me saying "WHO IS THIS? WHY ARE YOU TEXTING ME?"

I received all texts sent from my wife, but she could not receive any of my texts to her.

When I reinstalled Xperion without the freedom kernel, all was resolved.

Is there a way to fix this problem? Why did this happen? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

First time I've ever heard of this. You can try wiping cache and dalvik cache in recovery after flashing the kernel. Or during a fresh install of the rom you can flash the kernel right after before booting up the rom for the first time. Other than that, not much else I can tell you as you've been the only person to have this issue.

If the above does not work then just use my rom without my freedom kernel and your problem would be solved.

Upvote 0
First time I've ever heard of this. You can try wiping cache and dalvik cache in recovery after flashing the kernel. Or during a fresh install of the rom you can flash the kernel right after before booting up the rom for the first time. Other than that, not much else I can tell you as you've been the only person to have this issue.

If the above does not work then just use my rom without my freedom kernel and your problem would be solved.

GT, you were right! Thank you! I followed your instructions and installed the kernel immediately after installing the ROM. Everything works well now! Thank you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones