• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

killed phone

hi i am graham and ive just stuffed my s3 it failed when i was debranding it does anyone have any ideas how i can fix it its stuck on a screen saying the firmware failed and recover with keis but nothing seems to see the phone

Hi grahamrl, I'm sorry you've (temporarily) broken your S3. It should be fairly straight forward to get back to a working phone again, but I need two further pieces of information.

1) What model of S3 do you have? (could a mod helpfully move this thread once grahamrl has told us). Please post your S3 model (look I've the battery or better still the box it came in should you have it. We are looking for something like GT-I9300 or SGH(with various numbers) also it would help to know where your phone was purchased (the country will suffice)

2) What were you doing to "debrand", I suspect (hope - it will make it easier) you were trying to install stock firmware and it crashed or failed doing so.

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones