1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

killed phone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by grahamrl, Feb 1, 2014.

1. grahamrl

grahamrl Lurker
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    hi i am graham and ive just stuffed my s3 it failed when i was debranding it does anyone have any ideas how i can fix it its stuck on a screen saying the firmware failed and recover with keis but nothing seems to see the phone

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello grahamrl. I'm sure sorry such bad events have led you to these forums. I hope someone here has some helpful information for you. Here is a link to the area where your phone is supported. Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Forums
    You will find the root links by carrier at the bottom of the page. Good luck.

3. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Dec 4, 2011
    Male
    Sheffield U.K
    Hi grahamrl, I'm sorry you've (temporarily) broken your S3. It should be fairly straight forward to get back to a working phone again, but I need two further pieces of information.

1) What model of S3 do you have? (could a mod helpfully move this thread once grahamrl has told us). Please post your S3 model (look I've the battery or better still the box it came in should you have it. We are looking for something like GT-I9300 or SGH(with various numbers) also it would help to know where your phone was purchased (the country will suffice)

2) What were you doing to "debrand", I suspect (hope - it will make it easier) you were trying to install stock firmware and it crashed or failed doing so.

DragonSlayer95 likes this.
  4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

Mar 9, 2012
    Male
    Reno, Nevada
    hey there and welcome to android forums!

im sorry to hear about your troubles. as mentioned above, we'll need to know your carrier before we can proceed any further. otherwise giving you the incorrect firmware could really damage your device even further.

hope you enjoy the site!